Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Window to the soul

I know. I didn't need to be told it again. It is something I've heard on numerous occasions... my eyes are very expressive.... maybe too expressive. It makes for hiding my emotions/feelings a difficult (near impossible) task. So, how does one go about fixing that... or is it even something that should be "fixed". Maybe there are times when it would be best for me, as well as those around me, if I could hide my eyes, or more importantly, what they show. After all, I think most people enjoy the games of the unknown much more than up front honesty. If someone knows what you're actually thinking or feeling, it scares them. Why is it that people find comfort in uncertainty? Or is it that they are so accustom to lies that they take truth for deceit and so any sign of something good (by process of playing the "opposite game") must be bad.

So what's this all about? What else? I can't help but think that my inability to obtain and sustain a stable relationship is becuase girls like the games... I don't. And although I've tried to fake playing "hard to get" my eyes give me away. Curse these windows to my soul!! The sad thing is, I can't help but think that even though there have been those that like what they've seen in my eyes, they run simply because the uncertainty is not there. I don't understand people... I think I'll just get myself a cat.

1 comment:

KarenM said...

Oh my dear Jacob, it must be so hard to be patient and wait for the right girl. she will come along, and you will be so happy. your eyes are beautiful, and sincere, loving, and kind. they could not be bad. if a girl is afraid of that, let her run. If you don't find a girl by next year, come look out here. there are plenty of fish in the sea. keep busy making yourself a better person. then the girls will just follow you everywhere. stop looking.