Wednesday, March 15, 2006
cedar point
ok, we finally decided we are going to Cedar Point again, instead of Virginia Beach, Kathy's last summer request. we are going to go to Cleveland on August 12th or 13th, go to Cedar Point on August 14th, stay overnight, then go home on the 15th. We welcome anyone who wants to come. I am going to get in some trouble here with wives, but hey, it's worth a try to mention it. If Bret or Jacob wanted to get away for a quick weekend, you could fly to Cleveland on Sat or Sunday and have fun with us and go back on Tuesday. Flights to Cleveland are cheap and you could see grandma. I only say this knowing that Tevia won't want to go to an amusement park this summer, and Cari doesn't like them all that much, but, of course, she can come too, and we would love to have anyone come with us. And, Tevia gets to come out sometimes by herself... kind of. well, don't anyone get mad at me. you are all welcome and we will get a nice suite by the beach. if none of you come, the kids will bring friends. I will get a place for 6. oh, I just remembered I already suggested to Bret that he get away and go to UT with us in a few weeks after that. oops. I guess you can't do everything. sorry. we just love being with you all. this includes you Jacob Webb. so that is our timing. we go to UT the last weekend of August, Saturday the 26th to Sept 2nd, to get rid of Kathy....hee hee. And, Dad and I are going to Cape Cod to get away on Aug 3,4, and 5th. wow, I have a lot of fun places to go this year. how would I ever have time to work? :) Glad dad pays my way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hmmmmm.... ok, I think you twisted my arm enough!! I'll look into tickets to OH. I think Tevs and Cari need to come too! :)
Anyway, YAY!!
Okay, first things first. Dad doesn't REALLY pay your way. You do enough work to be able to go anywhere you want and not have to feel like you are being "allowed" to do it. Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings with that one, but that is my little opinion.
Second, You are right, I wouldn't want to go to Cedar Point this year since I will be just about ready to burst. I love that place, but this year is not my year for that! :)
Third, if Bret wants to do one of those things, fine by me. Two, not so good. Mostly because my kids will be starting school that week in August, and I would like to have him here for that. I am thinking that he will probably go up to Utah though. It would be really nice for me to have him take both kids and see how fun it is traveling with them, all alone... Knowing him, he would love it though since he doesn't really "have to" or "get to" spend alone time with the boys that often. :)
Actually, I don't know if I could handle it. I am so paraniod that he wouldn't really watch them. He would make everyone else responsible for them. Okay, I know these are MY issues. I admit it.
Anyhow, I don't know what we are going to do this summer, if anything, as far as traveling far away. We were considering NY in June, but I am still not absolutely decided on that. We may just take the kids to the Grand Canyon for a few days and ride up on the train. I guess we will decide that later.
Okay, I am going. My response is probably longer than the blog! I just hope we get to see all of you at some point this year!!!
Jake, refer to my response about Cedar Point. Try going somewhere when you are pregnant, watching everyone do what you want to do, but can't do it. Not my idea of a good time!!!! I just haven't learned to derive joy from watching other people do what I want to be doing and can't do. Sorry, I will grow up someday. Maybe when I am 60!!!! :)
Tevs... I KNOW!!! try being single when you see everyone around you getting engaged (6 couples in my ward this last semester) or being married to the best people on earth (Bret, Jacob, and Don should all know what it's like being married to the best people on earth)... so, I think I'm the LAST person who needs a lecture on seeing others do what you want and can't have it. :)
No I'm not bitter.
Okay, so I wasn't thinking about THAT aspect of it. I was just thinking about my own personal selfish desires. Sorry.
I am taking the kids (Jarek, Malik, Brenden and Ian) to Chuck E Cheese today. I will take a book and read while they play. Good ole CEC!!!
You two crack me up!
I am thinking of doing a trip to Havasupai for the boys this summer - Jake, Jake, me, Pops?, Tom? Let me know what you think. Cari could stay with Tevs and swim - I am not imagining it sounds very fun to her to hike there. Maybe Risa could come, too.
Post a Comment