Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The sound of a heartbeat

So, today I went to my second doctors appointment, all by myself. Bret is off in Ohio and I left the boys with a friend. I really should have taken the kids with me had I remembered it was only listening to the heartbeat of the baby.

As I was laying up on the table, anxious to hear the heartbeat of a new life, I was very overwhelmed with emotion. It is so amazing to hear that tiny sound, especially when you can't even feel its presence yet. I was reassured and elated to know that indeed there is a baby in there. What a joy and what a blessing to hear the signs of life. I am so excited to add this baby to our family. I missed having Bret with me though. :( Hopefully he can make it to the ultrasound.

4 comments:

KarenM said...

Oh how wonderful! I can feel your joy! it is so true, to hear it confirms that there is indeed a life growing inside of you. I am so very happy for you. this child will add even more joy to your family, which is always hard to believe when you already love the first two so much. he or she is lucky and blessed to be going to your home!

Webb said...

So.... my question is... was there really only ONE other hearbeat in there in addition to your own? :)

teviawall said...

Jake, yes. I even told the doctor that you thought there is two in there. She said that first of all, she only heard one heartbeat, second, I am measuring just the size for one. But, she did say the only way to REALLY know for sure is an ultrasound, which will be on April 24th. So until then...

Bret said...

I wish I could have been there. Instead I am here in Dayton, OH. I miss you and the boys. Even though I wasn't there in body, my spirit was there.