...it isn't good. So if you want someone to love you really should join hands and be together..." Or so the song goes. That is a great album, by the way. I can still remember all of those songs years after the fact. And much better than "Saturday's Warrior." I'm referring to "My Turn on Earth" for those of you not born in the Generation X or Baby Boomer period.
This weekend I am alone. Tevia is up in Show Low with the boys - snowed in! So I probably won't even get to see them until I get back from Dayton, OH (how fun!) this Wed. I am glad they got to see snow - and it was great to see rain after we all fasted last week. But it sucks being alone. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I was used to it, or if I didn't like my wife and kids. But for me, it is just no fun. I actually find I am less productive - which seems odd since I have way more time. But I end up wasting my time on the computer or playing Nintendo. It's almost like I need some sort of interface so I don't feel lonely. Even something as simple as cleaning the bathroom seems horribly lonely and sad, so I avoid it. I have gone on ad nauseum in my blog about how important family is and why we need family, etc., but once again this time by myself strengthens my conviction that I need Tevia and my boys. Without them I am a lazy, no good guy just looking for trouble. So once again, I am so grateful for my wife and kids. I certainly pray for them a lot. I can't wait to see them later this week. In the meantime it does help on Sundays. I went out home teaching today and will be going to my Priesthood meeting tonight. If they were home, there is a chance I might be tempted to skip or even forget. But it sure is hard to forget when I am sitting here in silence watching the clock.
It is almost March Madness. I sent out a link for our tournament pool - so good luck. This is a fun part of the year.
3 comments:
I TOTALLY agree Bret! In fact, it's funny you titled your blog what you did, and even more so that you did it based on the My Turn On Earth album because I was going to do the EXACT same thing about a week ago!! I just never did it.
But yes... it isn't good to be alone, it isn't good.
That's why I'm getting a cat.... women seem to be repulsd by me... or something.
Oh, poor Bret. you never did like to be alone. I, on the other hand, love it. I can't seem to do anything important when my kids are here bothering me or dad is following me around. once 2:00 comes around, I get nothing done but dinner. weird. Kathy also loves to be alone. she loves to clean the whole house while we are all gone. Jacob Webb, get a dog, not a cat. they are better. we had a cute hot cute hot nanny move in this week to our ward from Brazil. 20 years old. now, I didn't see her, but.... from what I hear, she is adorable. time to come out spring break and see her. :)
love to all,
Mom,
May I please reference you back to the blog posted by Tevia on 2/2/06 titled "More Dog Drama". Nuff said. :)
Post a Comment