Thursday, April 20, 2006

Names

Okay, I am not really asking for help on finding a name for this kid, but I do want to blog about it a a bit. So, I have in mind a name that I have liked for a girl for quite some time now. ( I will not divulge the name until we find out what we are having, although I may have told a few of you the one I like. DON'T tell it if you know it PLEASE!!!) I feel like Bret isn't as keen on it as I am, so I was looking at alternate baby names on line today. It is quite a daunting task to be sure. As you are all well aware, I don't want to pick a name that is very common, but I don't want one that is so out there, that the child will hate the name forever. I know I can't really ask for anyone's opinion on names, because we all have very different tastes in names, but I am going to list a few names I have come across that I kind of like, and would like your reaction on these ones. I am not set on any one for sure, but if you care to give your two cents that would be nice.

Here we go: And, they are all girls names since I didn't look up boys names yet. NO, I am not saying I think it is a girl. ;)

Thea
Elsa
Maura
Zohreh
Mitra
Zerrin

I know, you are all probably laughing your butts off at my name picks. I haven't shown them to Bret yet because he is sleeping. He came home from work sick this morning. Either the stomach flu, or food poison. Not to be mean, but it is kind of nice to have him feel how I felt the last three months!!! :) Poor guy.

Anyhow, that is my blog for today. Adios amigos.

3 comments:

KarenM said...

Oh boy, Kathy will like blogging on this one! and I have been wondering what you guys have come up with. I know what I think you used to want, but I don't remember if it is the same one I am thinking of. I don't like Elsa cause there used to be a milk commercial using Elsa the Cow. it just reminds me of that. I like Thea the best. the rest are ok, but I am not keen on Z names. wall is bad enough being at the end of the alphabet. :) I personally love the name Sade. pronounced shawday. it is my new favorite girls name. gotts go, more to follow.

dad said...

Well given the choices I would pick either Adios or Amigos. Both are nice and both have kewl vowel sounds. :-)

lovebug said...

crazy names tevs. you are definitely right about how we all have different tastes in names. our family is usually alike in so many ways and we share the same opinions about alot of things but the names that we like is something that we definitely do not have in common. not that i think those names arent good, they just arent what i would personaly pick. however and this goes for jacob and cari too, my first daughter will 95% chance be called lexie so if you all of a sudden decide to name her that (if you have a girl of course) or jacob and cari you decide to name your daughter that if you have one in the near future, we will have 2 lexies in the family because i will not back down. i am in love with this name and i will use it. i repeat, i will use it =), so that is just an fyi for all you people in the process of creating a family. and tevia i think im sure of the name you really like. if its the one im thinking of, i like that one the best by far. k well you find out if its a girl or boy tomorrow! i cant wait!

and tevs just a heads up, im making the baby a blanket for a young women value project. i was thinking of making it be a surprise but then i decided it would be more fun to tell you because i am so excited to do this. i want to embroid on it and everything =). k well best of luck tomorrow!