OK, so how is it that I had to spend 2 hours on the phone and call 5 times to Norton Antivirus, and then run a program, and then 2 hours later it still doesn't work, but, the interesting thing is , I talked to 5 different techs, all from India, 2 I could hardly understand, and these were there names, no kidding - Sam, Patrick, Kevin, Fred, and Roger. whatever! I can take the Roger. the
rest are actually changing their names! I guess it is good customer service to have the customer be able to say their names. unfortunately, none of them could help me. duh. but the name thing is funny.
2 comments:
Yes, I'm quite familiar with the name changes when outsourcing to India. When I worked in medical billing in Scottdale we outsourced calls to India. I was in charge of the manager in charge of their team in India. Each person was required to change their name and they had a list of approved names to choose from. The manager I dealt with there was named "Roger" as well. Funny. :)
Anyway... although you couldn't understand some of your techies, at least they didn't hang up on you... I HATE Cingular SO much!!! I have to deal with them because our company used to be with them, and unfortunately we still use them for some of our services (such as PC cards). Well.. they have been charging us for phones that I canceled months ago... needless to say, I don't like it when stupid people tell me I'm wrong when I'm right... and it ticks me off even more they hang up on me for telling them how stupid they really are... needless to say... dealing with Cingular's "customer service" is not my favorite part of my job. Meh.
That is funny - and yes, the future. Reminds me of Simpsons a couple of weeks ago where Apu's cousin in India is answering a whole bunch of different calls, each one with a different accent (Southern, Jamaican, etc.).
Post a Comment