Last night we had a very fun family night. We started off reading the illustrated Book of Mormon as a family. It was the story of Korihor and the kids paid attention. We then created bird feeders out of two pinecones from our yard. We had the kids (and us) put peanut butter on them and then roll them in birdseed. We then put them in the freezer overnight.
Afterwards we went for some ice cream as Tevia had been craving Cold Stone. As we got there I noticed a new Smoothie place next door and decided I would rather have a smoothie than ice cream - better use of calories in my mind. As I walked in I realized that the store actually was not open yet, but they were training. A group of 8 or so teenagers and the owner of the franchise all stared at me as I told them I thought they were open and sorry to interupt. They told me they were training and would love to make me a smoothie for practice. So I picked the Coconut/Pineapple/Banana smoothie (can't remember the fancy name) and they went to work. As I went to pay they said that it was "on the house" as they were still training and said I was their first customer. I thanked them and tipped the young lady who actually made the drink and waltzed back to Cold Stone to be with the fam. The name of the place was Tropical Cafe. It was pretty good.
Tonight we hung up the bird feeders. We'll see if they work. I then was inspired to go out and buy a real birdfeeder and a hummingbird feeder. I am excited.
Out.
4 comments:
Bret,
"Yours is a life truely blessed."
Sounds like you had a great FHE! And you really can't beat a free smoothie! :) My ward gets gayer (yes, that is a word now) every week... they've resorted to not bothering to plan anything for activities and just say "it's a surprise" and they decide to do something (which is lame) when/if anyone shows up... It'll be nice when I can have my own FHEs with myself and my cat Mittens. :)
Great FHE, Bret. I am glad you are having them. we have moved ours to Sunday night now, with Kathy working 4-8 on mondays and Tom in tennis season. we played Probe. I don't remember who won, but we had fun. dad picked a really weird word, oh, that's it, giddyap. none of us got it. I thought it was spelled with a U. we looked it up, and it is spelled both ways. Tevia wouldn't have let him get away with it, cause he looked it up to spell it. Kathy did cute works, and I did chili cause I saw the chili powder in the cupboard and thought it looked hard, but they got it right away. Tom knows I always pick a word I just saw. :)
It was a fun night and we all know how much Bret loves animals. He even went out Tuesday night and bought a hummingbird feeder and another bird feeder. We will have a nice bird sanctuary in our back yard soon! I would post some pics of the kids working on the pinecones, but I don't know how. Sorry folks. Maybe Bret can show me how sometime.
okay, bret loves birds, squirrels, lizards, snakes, and hmmm I am sure there is maybe one or two other things he likes.
Post a Comment