Sunday, May 07, 2006

apology

There was a testimony in the ward here in AZ that caught my eye and touched my heart. an older man lost his mother recently. he was missing her and giving her credits, and he said, " I cannot ever remember my mother saying a bad thing about anyone in her whole life." well, this reminded me of a talk I heard in our Stake Conference. they said that everyone's name should be sacred in our homes. I know my children can't say that about me or dad. we should have kept our feelings much more quiet about certain people we disagreed with. I apologize for this. it was wrong, and I should have been more careful about what was said about people in our homes. from now on, I will try to add that to our list of how to make our home a sacred and blessed place to be. if we can't say anything nice about someone, we won't say anything at all. I know dad is behind me in this because we discussed it after conference. I don't need accolades after I die, but I do need to continue to improve, repent, and become more Christlike. everyone is trying their best in this life, from trying to be a good bishop to raising kids to teaching Sunday school lessons. who are we to say they aren't doing it right? let us be kind and careful, for there are motes in our own eyes a plenty.

No comments: