Friday, May 12, 2006

I feel like I've been away for so long... probably because I have been. I haven't been able to read, respond to, or write any blogs for quite a while. Here's what's been going on....

I'm still working full time which has been SO hectic lately! As part of my job I am the one who sets up new hires with everything they need... from cell phone to networking their computer to our printers etc, to hooking them up with any office supplies they need/want. Over the past month or so we've had four new hires. Additional to having to set up these four new hires, I've had to rearrange and move other employees around to accommodate everyone in our undersized office. We have definitely outgrown our office and we're still at least a year and a half from building/moving into our new office. Everyone has been on edge complaining about having to move around and they think that if they complain to me it'll fix something. Worst of all... cell phones. I HATE CINGULAR SO MUCH!!! Over the past two weeks I have spent at LEAST 15 hours on the phone with Cingular reps who lie, give me the run around and have lost two of our orders. I honestly don't think I could ever give the situation justice... but they are complete idiots over there. I just have to get that out... although I know there is NO way anyone can understand what it's like unless you've lived through this one.

Also, I am taking classes right now. I have class everyday right after work till 9pm. It keeps me busy.

Then on top of all that, I find my release in my playing on my two soccer teams and getting in a round of golf on Saturdays. I need a vacation from life..... Fortunately, I have a couple of those coming up!

2 comments:

teviawall said...

Yep, a vacation seems to do the trick. It helps us to unwind and kind of forget all the crazy hecktick things we deal with on a day to day basis. I think Americans should vacation (and I mean really vacation) more often. It would make us all less stressed, less mean and more grateful for what we have.

I hope you have some really great trips (Mexico right?) and that you enjoy san blas as much as we did. I will think of you often when you go since that place is one of the places I think about when I am feeling crummy. Some of the best memories of my life were created there.

Anyhow, I know we haven't really blogged about our Mexico trip yet. I thought I would let Bret have the honor of doing it first.

tootles.

KarenM said...

ok, I officially feel sorry for you. a good vacation will help. work and stress are part of life, but we all need a break once and awhile. I miss your blogs cause I like your opinions and input.