The laughter of one's child from another room, flowers coming up through the soil where you planted a seed, the cool of the evening after the heat of the day, a front porch swing, a smile from someone as you enter a room, a day well spent, a son who brings the garbage can in without being asked, an old DVD player hanging from a front porch post, a husband who helps clear the table and works hard all day, a daughter who is finally home for dinner. these are true joys. these are real. I love my life.
3 comments:
WOW! :)
Mom, did you write this under Kathy's name? Or Kathy, did you grow old really fast? :-)
I'd add:
having your son lean on you all dinner and keep saying, "I love you dad." having a wife who lets you play basketball. coming home to a family that I know loves me. watching my wife's belly grow as life begins inside of her.
oops, I didn't notice it was under Kathy's name. sorry. no wonder why Jacob Webb said "wow".
Post a Comment