Friday, June 02, 2006
fledglings
We had baby blue birds, and we watched every single day, and one day, they were just gone. we didn't get to see them 'fledge'. but, today, I was just sitting on the couch trying not to be upset about the $400. car problem on my Camry, and talking to dad about it, when low and behold a baby robin just flies over and sits on my back upper deck railing. it was smaller than a robin, but bigger than I exppected. it had no tail feathers, and just sat there with its mouth open. and... right while I was watching, it's mother flew over and put something in its mouth! just right in front of me. it happened twice, and then I went to get my camera, snapped a pic of the baby, and waited to see the mom come again, but the baby flew off into the nearest tree. there again, the mother fed it. so I did after all get to see a baby bird fledge. oh, how the Lord loves me. it was adorable, and so what about the car. all cars cost money. some censor on the ABS brakes went out. but it is getting all fixed up with an oil change and inspection so I can drive it to Cleveland and feel safe about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment