Okay, so I was up to the neck in boys yesterday. I had Kipp's two kids for the day as I had volunteered to have them sleep over Wednesday night so Kipp could go play bball with Bret. (longer story involved here, but I will leave it at that).
So I planned a busy day for Thursday and we really had an enjoyable time. I decided to brave the theater with the four kids (which was in a way like having two sets of twins since the two older kids are the same age and the two younger kids are the same age) and take them to see Cars, since they seemed to already know all the characters in the movie thanks to the movie advertising experts. Well, one might think I am a little touched in the head to attempt such a feat, but in all honesty, these kids were so well behaved. Jarek was so helpful and responsible. He made sure that everybody had a hand held while walking in the parking lots, and sat on the opposite end from me to help corral the other kids in. He is such a fantastic helper and seems to be so mature for his age.
The movie was very good and I enjoyed it much more than Over the Hedge. Even Jarek, on the way out of the theater grabbed my hand and told me that the movie made him cry a little because it was so touching. He said he liked it better than Over the Hedge too. I had to laugh a little inside and appreciate him that much more because I myself was wiping tears from my eyes close to the end of the film due to a very touching scene. Could it be the pregnancy hormones? Perhaps, but I have to say that if my 6 year old son could sense and understand the significance of kindness, compassion and selflessness of one car, I can not just chalk up my emotions to the hormones.
All in all, it was a good day. The boys played nice together and made me grateful once again that we are adding another boy to our family.
1 comment:
you're such a good mom. how fun a day is that?! sounds like a cute movie.
Post a Comment