Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Busy Body

Okay, why am I such a busy body? It is so hard not to want to have my fingers in all the pies all the time. Bret keeps telling me to keep my nose in my own business, but it is oh so hard. I always worry and fret about what everyone else is doing, thinking, or might be considering even when it has nothing to do with me. This is a hard, nasty habit to kick. Bear with me. Breaking life long habits is VERY hard.
:)
:)
:)
:)
:)
;0

7 comments:

KarenM said...

us women are like that. it is okay. but remember, sometimes when we try hard to find out why someone did something, and we actually find out, it can change our life or attitude for good. sometimes it is better not to know.

Carolyn said...

I feel exactly the same way right now. I have tons of questions rolling around in my brain right now, but like Mom said, for most of them it would probably be better to never know. But I still want to know. And then I don't want to know. And it's really just a crazy vicious cycle I put myself through.

I talked to Nicole last night for a while and I told her that I felt stressed but couldn't think of why I should be stressed. Our life is actually going very well and is pretty relaxed right now. And then I realized I had managed to talk myself into feeling the stress of everyone I know, mostly our soon-to-be-wed friends. I don't know why I do that. Worrying myself about their problems helps no one at all, but I can't seem to stop.

teviawall said...

Oooo la la!! It is so nice to know I am not the only crazy lady out there. I let myself get stressed about everyone else's problem and wonder why I am so stressed. LIke I said in my blog, I really, really need to work harder at minding my own stinking business. It is oh so hard though. :)

And Bret likes to give me advice, and at the time he gives it I am in no mood to hear it, but then a few days later it sounds so sensible and then I try to do it. So, I know that doesn't help at all, but there you go!

Webb said...

I don't know why the female mind works in such a fasion... but rather than try and figure it out... my first instinct now is to just keep eveything I possibly can all to myself, because... sometimes I guess it's better to carry it on my own than see other's stress and suffer for my problems.

Bret said...

I must now add my two cents... My philosophy is you must trust people's motives and intentions. Many times people do things or say things that are misinterpreted or that they just don't mean. Love them and trust they love you. That is what God does. Even if someone is mean to you that you care about, don't let that get you down. There is probably something you are unaware of or being misinterpreted.

I also disagree with Jake's comments on keeping them in. That does no good to those who care about you. I am a true believer in being honest and open with those that you love and (hopefully) love you. Let us take on those burdens just as God does for us. That is why we are here. That is why we need spouses and family.

It isn't good to be alone; it isn't good.

Jacob Wall said...

But why is all the rum gone?

teviawall said...

you'd remember if you would stop drinking all of it.