Thursday, October 05, 2006

My favorites

From time to time I figure it is a good idea to throw in some of my favorites. We play this game as a family quite a bit, but we often limit it to a few basic categories. I will try to open up some of these categories and give insight into what Darth Wall really likes.

Favorite Quick Lunch:
If from home I still love ham and cheese on Grandma Sycamore's white bread. I have eaten it a million times and still my mouth waters whenever I unwrap it. If I go out, right now my favorite is the "double-double burger animal and protein style" from In-N-Out. Fantastic!

Favorite TV Show:
Most know this, but it is definitely Battlestar Galactica. The season premiere starts tomorrow and as Tevia and I have been watching some of last season's episodes I am reminded that this is probably the smartest TV show I have ever watched. Love it.

Favorite Pen:
The Sarasa Zebra 0.7 tip. Greatest pen ever - comes in many colors.

Favorite Magazine:
National Geographic. Who knew I would love this magazine? It has recently overtaken my other favorite: Sole Collector, which is a sneakerhead magazine that recently has strayed from its basketball, urban roots to focus more on running shoes (not too into running).

Favorite Cartoon:
Currently Teen Titans. This Cartoon Network show about Robin and his friends (yes, Batman's sidekick Robin) is fun, funny, and cool. Simpson's would be the top of this list but I don't really consider it a cartoon!

5 comments:

teviawall said...

Guess I'll post my favs too.

I'll just follow suit of what Bret has recommended.

Favorite Lunch~ At home I like to eat a ham and cheese sandwich on Sprouts whole wheat bread with avacado and lettuce. Out I like, hmmm at the moment fast food doesn't have much appeal for me.

Favorite TV Show~ Battlestar Galactica hands down. Like Bret, I find this series so well written and captivating. I love the characters and sometimes find myself thinking about the series throughout the day. I truly hope they keep it up this coming season. I also like Scrubs as the writing is fantastic and the characters fun and quirky.

Favorite Pen~ Pretty much any one that works. I am not too picky. I do like the one that Bret is talking about, but only in black. I don't really like the other colors that much.

Favorite Magazine~ Again, like Bret (although I must take credit for his liking of this magazine) I LOVE the National Geographic. I have loved this magazine since I was very young and always wanted a subscription (but always too cheap to spring for it).That said, it has been one of my most favorite gifts of all time. Thanks mom!!!!

Favorite Cartoon~ That is too hard to choose since I love watching cartoons a lot. I like a lot of the ones on Nicktoons, and I really like Teen Titans (I like Starfire the best right now) and since Bret didn't count Simpsons as a cartoon, I guess I can't eitehr. :)I, like my kids, could actually watch cartoons all day if I had the time.

KarenM said...

I can't seem to find one that I love and is good for me. I switch from just yogurt and apples to Smart Ones to any sandwich on whole wheat. I love other people's tuna, but mine never tastes as good. so I have none. out- no fast food anymore. hmmm. any of the sandwiches at Adams, or a salad somewhere good.
tv show - Office, I have never seen Battlestart G. Maybe I should try it.
pen- ? whatever I buy is fine, I never notice the name of it.
cartoon, I don't watch any, but I have to say that if Tom has Spongbob on, some of them are pretty funny.
good blog. kathy and Cari- answer!

KarenM said...

opps, I forgot the magazine. Prevention or O.

Carolyn said...

Favorite quick lunch in: angel hair pasta with butter, parmasean, and garlic. Yummm...

Favorite quick lunch out: Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger.

Favorite TV Show: Must I pick one? :-) Battlestar Galactica, but the Office is a very, very close second.

Favorite Pen: Whichever Pilot brand ones they give us at work. Love 'em.

Favorite magazine: the Ensign. We really only ever read 2 (the other is Game Informer, it's a video game magazine), and the Ensign is much higher quality.

Favorite cartoons: since we're not counting Simpsons, Jimmy Neutron. I love the movie, love the show. Don't know why, but I do.

lovebug said...

Its kinda late to put in mine but oh well.

Lunch: turkey pita

Show: Im still a sucker for boy meets world and i miss it!!! but i have watched battlestar and i must say its a great show!

Pen: Um who cares lol no offense Bret

Cartoon: I honestly just like everything

well thats it for meee =)