As I sat in the booth at Freddy's and looked out the window I could see the reflection of my family. Enok was asleep in his seat next to Tevia, who was smiling and laughing at Malik. Malik was walking in circles in the aisle laughing and singing. Jarek sat next to me eating his sundae with marshmallow and sprinkles. I looked at myself with my goatee and thought how ridiculous it seemed that I was an adult; that I had a wife and children. And not only that I was in this position, but that it all worked and was wonderful.
The night had started with an awesome potatoe soup. I did the dishes and then Jarek gave us the lesson for Family Home Evening about Daniel and the lion's den. We sang Follow the Prophet for Malik. Then we gathered into Sihaya (our Kia Sedona) and drove up to Freddy's. And as we ate some of the best custard I have ever tasted we smiled, laughed, and enjoyed being together. There was no place I would rather have been.
Unfortunately the night had to end. We packed back into Sihaya and enjoyed the cool weather as we drove back home listening to Les Miserables. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family.
1 comment:
wow! how fun. It reminds me when I posted a perfect day a while back. it is great that we can enjoy the most simple yet beautiful things in life. they are what counts, especially family. It is like painting a perfect picture for me of your little family. thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment