I found that as I 'got' to eat in the teachers' lounge, and talk to the teachers as people and not just as a parent, that I felt more imortant. silly? as I walked the halls among the students, I felt empowered. weird? is it just what comes with the title, 'teacher'? I am not a real teacher, but I still felt very important and it sure gave me more self-confidence. Maybe any real job I took or take will give me that. It feels good to be more than just a homemaker, but don't get me wrong, any of you. that, to me, was my most important job in life, and still is. but telling people my age, when they ask me what I do, that I just stay home, gives a strange impression. telling them I am a substitute teacher gets more respect. it shouldn't..... Tev, Cari, and Kathy, being home is harder work than any job, but the most valuable career on the planet, given to us by the Lord himself.
but, now that my kids are all gone except one, I feel the need to do more. I think I will really like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment