Saturday, February 10, 2007
World Wide training meeting-favorite teacher
I don't know which of you gets to atend this today, but dad I just got back from it. it was really good. President Monson always comes up with amazing stores. the subject this time was teaching. it make me inspired to ask everyone us of to contribute a story to the blog about their all time favorite teacher, church or school. Kathy was blessed to have so very many excellent teachers. as I start to try and remember, I feel just the opposite. I can hardly remember any of their names, and not even one stands out to me from kindergarten on to high school. not even one! I can not think of one super duper intersting learning experience from any. I didn't even have a high school teacher that I could say I admire or that particularly helped me. Isn't that weird? I had nuns that gave me religious bookmarks for know ing spelling and math, but none that took any special interest in me. I did have one male teacher in about 5th grade or so that let me and Alexa stay after school and clean his blackboards and let us have Pepsis. now, I find myself questioning why? I am not even sure of his name. in high school, I now know, which I didn't then, that I was on the 'not going to college' track. I was never brought in once to talk to a counselor that I remember. I just went along with whatever classes they 'gave' me. I did like sewing, and did get the chance to opt to work half a day both my junior and senior years, which was awesome. so, who is my favorite teacher? dad. I love to hear him teach the gospel. truly. when I was dating him, I would go to his ward when he taught gospel doctrine. I was amazed at his ability, his knowledge, and the power he taught with. I never had a Primary or YW teacher, so that must be wonderful to have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Favorite School teacher: Mrs. Johnson in 12th grade for Civics. She was fair and didn't believe in students kissing her butt to get a good grade. I value that in a teacher.
Favorite church teacher: had to be my aunt Tammy as my merry miss leader, and as my young women's leader. She is still a great teacher and friend.
Training meeting: didn't go cuz we weren't feeling too well this weekend. We will have to watch the DVD when it comes out.
Favorite grade school teacher: Mr. Jobst, 12th grade english. He looked like Santa Claus, treated the class like adults (to a reasonable point for that age group), and managed to pull out of me the best writing I think I've ever done. Overall, he was just a good guy.
I don't think I have a favorite church teacher. My mom was my teacher in Young Women for almost the entire time I was in the program. When your daughters make up 75% of the group, I guess that's a logical place to put a person. Not that my mom isn't a good teacher, but at that age, I mean... she's just my mom! :) I haven't had the priviledge of hearing many of Jacob's church lessons. The ones I've heard have been pretty good though.
Favorite teacher: no contest - Mrs. Cahoon (Ms Hatch before that) my 3rd grade teacher. She got married at the beginning of the year and her husband passed away by the end of the school year. She was the only teacher I can remember that really ever inspired me. I kept a relationship with her through high school. She made me fall in love with reading, poetry, writing, and gave me the confidence that I was a top-notch student. Teachers like her deserve so much money. She truly was one of the most influential people in my lives.
Besides her I can probably only list a couple others that I even respected or appreciated. Maybe Mrs. Cahoon gave me so much confidence that I thought I was smarter than my other teachers.
oh yeah, I forgot about her. you really liked her. she was so good to you.
Post a Comment