Well I woke up today with Cari elbowing me as usual. Having been up till 3 am the night before with Boomer Hawks and Tom playing SSBM, I was unconvinced that 8:00 in the morning was, in fact, the start of a new day. Regardless, it was a day to be remembered. I had promised Cari she could take a test today since she is a week late. If I had known she would go for the 8:00 am slot I would have clarified the promise with a more specific time. I also made her promise she couldn't take a test without me present so that if negative I could provide as much comfort as a tired insomniac could give...
I woke up again to more elbowing. It felt like I had slept another hour, but Cari reassures me it wasn't more than a minute. Yes, Cari was/is pregnant! I don't remember much else and soon fell back asleep happy to be entering the next phase of life. I'm not sure I convinced Cari of my excitement. But in my defense, I didn't know I was a father until after I stayed up to 3am :-)
Well to sum things up, by the end of the day, I was completely convinced I had not dreamed Cari's pregnancy test and the expensive pee tester had still refused to insert "not" in front of the word pregnant. In addition, our news was overpowered by Nicoles Knutti's engagement announcement! Andrea Scott is also getting married in December and will require us to fly into Washington DC as she is from Baltimore. If Nicole decides to have a white Christmas as well, the PHX extravaganza might be a little difficult to attend. We will know a little better when dates are finalized.
These names are final:
Girl - Hazel Marie Wall
Boy - Speed Zadok Wall
Twins Boys -Speed Zadot Wall
-Dash Allen Wall
Twin Girls - Hazel Marie Wall
Ester Marie Wall
7 comments:
ymmd!!! why didnt you call us!!???
wow! and I was just thinking of calling Cari and explaining to her that it takes several months or more after being on the pill, and not to get worried or stressed, because that makes is even harder to get pregnant. wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congratulations! I am thrilled!
I have to go call dad. he went to work at 5:30 am/
Jake and Cari, congratulations. This is wonderful news. Maybe Jacob will finally let Tommy get some sleep. Anyway, I recommend that if it is twin girls, that you spell Esther's name correctly. Love Dad.
Well congratulations to both of you!!!! I can't help but giggle inside a bit at two interesting things about all of this...
1) Perhaps it is just the simple fact that I finished reading "The World Is Flat" by Thomas Friedman last week and had to write a paper on it... but it does seem a bit funny to me that this announcement comes by way of blog. Oh, what happened to the good ol days?... you could have just called the parents at 3am (after all, that's like 5am in NY... not bad) Additionally to the computer/blog connection here, Jacob IM-ed me to read the blog... not that I was on a computer at all at 3am, but my Blackberry was/is signed into Google Talk almost 24/7 now... so first thing this morning I had the message waiting.
2) Jacob, Cari, and now Tommy... and possibly Boomer... are the only people in my known universe that may actually start getting MORE sleep at nights by having a baby!! :)
Well kids, again, CONGRATS!!!! I hope the morning sickness stays at bay and that you will be able to participate in all the fun upcoming festivities this year!
PS... although Nichole doesn't subscribe to this blog (that I know of) CONGRATS to her as well!!! I guess Jacob and I will have to find someone else to be our "next in line" now. :)
We'll spell Esther's name correctly. You'll notice Jacob also spelled Zadok two different ways even though it's the same name. The one with the "k" is correct. :)
I am so very excited. I like Jacob's version of the story better. Mine had a lot more girly, unnecessary emotion in it and probably would have taken several more paragraphs to get to the point. But I am so happy and so very excited to get to this stage in life. I'll be going to the doctor this week to hopefully work out an official-type due date, etc. so I'll let you all know when we've got more information in that area.
And I'll pass news along about Nicole getting married as I get it. She's a little hard to crack, information-wise, but I'll do my best. I am very, very excited for her too. Life has been very good to us and we are so blessed.
Hehe =) more babies
YAY!!! I've been waiting for this announcement, I knew it'd be coming soon! I'm really excited for you guys! Speaking of announcements, Jacob and I have some news as well.....jk! Ha ha I'm so funny!! Well congrats and if you need anything Cari, just let me know!
Tell Nicole congrats too, I didn't know she was dating anyone. Jacob and I need to come over to meet him some time! What's his name?
Well guys, welcome to the wonderful world of parenthood. I hope those b vitamins help. Keep taking them, they can't hurt.
It is funny becasue I was just thinking how much easier it would be to go on an international assignment without kids, not that I don't like my kids, but they really put a damper on the whole exploring a new place thing. Oh well. At least we are here.
I am very happy for you both and hope that cari is at least a little sick because that means that things are going along swimmingly. I was sicker than a dog with Enok, but was glad because things felt right. (don't worry if you aren't sick though). Also, and this is just my opinion of course, but I never go to the doctor until I am at least 6 to 8 weeks along. I am just nervous that way. You can calculate the due date if you know the first day of your last period. the doctors use that too and not until you are further along can they give a more precise date (which is all guesswork anyhow) when they mesure the baby etc...
Well, good luck to you guys. Good luck to Nicole, although I should strangle her if we don't get to see you guys for christmas. And if your mom lets her have a december wedding, I will strangle your mom too for all the trouble they put you guys through!
:)
Post a Comment