So i started being a nanny for this family up in Alpine and it has already been a very very interesting experience. First, the house is house. I would say up to 10 million dollars... Jacob has corrected me however, and thinks it is far less. But i dont know! what i do know is that it is HUGE! the biggest house i have ever been in by far! It has its very own gym, not a work out gym, but a gym, like the one that has a basketball court and it is indoors. It is SO cool! It also has the prettiest outdoor setting with a huge pool and not just any water slide going into it but one that you would honestly find at a water park and then a big hot tub! Then a huge trampoline in the ground thing and all these fancy plants. It really is something else. The thing i love the most though is the master bedroom. because its not just a master bedroom. Its a master suite. The suite has 4 rooms. The actual bed room, the tv and fire place room, the window outlook room, and then of course my favorite the AMAZING bathroom. The vanity mirror is like taller than my apartment wall, the spa in there could be qualified as a pool, the shower wraps around the corner and is probably 4 times the size of any of our entire bathrooms in our house and then there are the closets, one for the dad and one for the mom which are both bigger than my room at home. There are also like 5 fireplaces, an island kitchen with a big table, a thousand bathrooms, and like 7 spare bedrooms. Oh ya also one of my favorite parts is in the kitchen they have this ice maker the size of a dish washer and the ice is soft and small and there are always like a thousand ice chips in it! MMmm its so good!
Anyways, the place is insane. And i work there and its definitely been quite the experience. For many reasons. One, simply because its a mansion. Two, because the children do not have very good discipline or any at all. That is because the father is always gone. He actually goes to San Fransisco for school to get his MBA and his job requires him to fly all over the world at least once a week! And the mother is too nice and never actually raises her voice or punishes them. She lets them get what they want. The father will "talk" to them, but again hes always gone. So they need help because she is often alone and also pregnant and due at the end of October. So the kids think they can get aways with everything... probably because they can! So its been kind of difficult when a problem arises to make peace or solve something because each child will have a fit. They are 2, 4, and 6 by the way. And yesterday the 4 year old, Grant ran upstairs crying when i told him to get out of the way of his brothers bowling came, screaming, "you are not my mother." I was like oh boy but we had a talk and things went good after that. I told him that in order for us to have fun we have to listen because thats what friends do and read him this funny elephant story and he was actually really happy. It sounds weird but i think kids like discipline sometimes.
But we did have fun yesterday and i already have fallen in love with them. They are fun kids and so cute! The mother's family is half hawaiin and half japanese so they are kinda dark and just cute. So for dinner the mom's mom made this beef stuff wrapped in seaweed and it looked like sushi so i was a little apprehensive to try it but OH my goodness it was so good! She is gonna give me the recipe. I am excited to be a part of this new family but am still debating whether or not to stay because the drive is like 35 min both ways and its only 10 an hour. We'll see. But i just wanted to let you know whats going on over here.
School is going good as well and i love my classes especially my marriage and family relations one. It has taught me so much, as has my D&C one. My sign language is still tough but im getting by and its still fun and enjoyable so i am very pleased so far with this semester. Also i want to tell everyone to decide about christmas because I NEED TO KNOW! =) k I love you all
14 comments:
Lol in the beginning i meant to say that this house is huge =) sorry!
wow! what a house. thanks for describing it so well.
sounds like a pretty cool place. I remember going to some pretty big houses up in Alpine when I was dating. It is amazing that people can have so much. You are right that children want discipline. Even teenagers want it. You will be good for that family. it is a long drive though. I am glad you tried the new food. jarek and malik are having to try new things here all the time. I am a mean mom and tell them they will just have to starve if they keep complaining. It is not like I am making them eat bugs. :)
i am happy you sound so happy. that makes me happy!
Thanks sis. Loved the post. Regarding Christmas, I thought we had decided? I vote we have Christmas. There: decided.
haha. funny. There are some in the family that do not know which causes some complications because me and tommy might have to get plane tickets out to arizona since im leaving AZ on the 26 with jimmy and tommy cant drive back alone. so im just curious =) and are we still sure its in Arizona?
As far as I know we're all still going to Arizona. I talked to Tommy about his driving back from Phoenix alone (which is looking like what will happen) and he seemed ok with it.
Well, we are still planning on going to AZ for Christmas so we hope that you all will be there too. Tommy probably could drive back all alone as long as he drinks a ton of caffine and cranks the tunes! It is not a fun drive to drive alone but plenty of people do it. Maybe he can post something on one of the BYU ride boards and find someone who lives in Phoenix that might like a ride back to BYU.
I can't wait to see everyone!!!
PS, when you all (mom and dad excluded because I already know your time frame) could you let me know when you will be arriving, and departing the Casa de Wall? Thanks
why does tom have to drive back alone? why can't he go back with Cari and jake?
well me and jimmy will be there =)
So Tom can't ride with Cari and Jake because Kathy will be with Jimmy? That is the strangest thing I've heard all day! :)
Millie and I would LOVE to be there too!!! Especially since we missed J-Rocks baptism... but I dunno... we haven't really talked about Christmas plans... mostly because I'm maxed out on vacation days and I'm not sure what to expect with her fam. However, If we do end up going (driving down) Tom would be welcome to ride with us. :)
lol we can all fit in jake and cari's car! there are 5 people and 5 seats! and webb you guys should come down too!!
kathy, we never even asked Tevs if Jimmy could come. oops. so sorry Tevs. he can sleep on the floor somewhere. or outside. he is used to sleeping in the desert. so can he come over and play too? I really actually do feel badly that we didnt even ask you. that was not very mannerly of us. I apologize.
yes i apologize too. Can my boy friend please come tevia? =)
No, I don't think he can come. I hope you didn't already buy tickets Kathy. that would be a waste.
Just kidding! I already talked to mom about it, as I am sure you have talked to her too. We are excited to finally get to meet Jimmy. For all we know you have been paying some guy to fly you to Hawaii and pose in all those pictures with you and say that he is your boyfriend! heehee.
It seems we will have a pretty full house if we get to see Jacob,Millie and Ellery too. But that is okay because we will be so glad to see any family we can. Just make sure everyone brings me really cool Christmases presents!!! :)
Can't wait to see everyone.
Post a Comment