When we left the house for the Poconos on Wednesday evening, we really weren't in any big hurry. there were no kids to yell at, it was only a 2 hour drive ahead, and we were in a relaxed mode. dad had just ran his IBM 5k, so he was tired, but happy. I always worry about leaving the house alone while we are gone, so I went around and closed and actually locked all the windows, which I never take the time to do. ( we know from experience that you can put a hole through a screen and get the screen out and if the window is unlocked, you can be in our house in less than a minute.) (and all the ground floor windows already have holes in the screens.)
When we arrived home, through the garage, and came upstairs, we noticed our kitchen was full of moths. (we also always leave our kitchen lights on.) Our first thought it someone had broken in a window and there was a window wide open somewhere in the house. It only took a few seconds more to see that our patio door was standing wide open! The gate for patio was still closed, but dad had me stay down by the door as he searched the house. No one around, of course. Yes, we were that dumb. We let Daisy sit out on the patio every day in good weather, and she had been out there that morning. We left the house locked up and closed except for leaving our patio door wide open for 3 days! Lucky we live in a safe neighborhood, and also lucky that the gate was closed, or we could have had more than moths! (Daisy was not home, she had gone to visit Logan Mongelli for the 3 days) We couldn't believe we did that. :)
1 comment:
lol! I am glad that everything was fine. I always worry about whether or not I leave doors or windows or the garage open. here I don't have to worry about that since everything closes on it's own.
Post a Comment