Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Halloween COokies

Thinking of all of you as the wind blows the leaves all over the air and throughout the backyard. Daisy sits on the back porch. I have the radio blasting, a diet coke, and all my colored sprinkles, toothpicks, etc. I miss you all. I wanted to make some of my best cutout cookies for the kids dad home teaches; yes, he still does the Ligaris. and for the women I visit teach, and for the boys next door. they came out yummy and cute. I am remembering all the times we decorated cookies together, and the interesting ones each of you decorated. Bret, I remember you and me making these same exact cookies when you were 2 and 3. I don't really like cookies anymore, but I have to say, I did give in and taste one. I made ghosts, pumpkins, and leaves. the leaves are tiny ones with orange, yellow, and green sparkly sugars on them. so cute! El otonon es mi estacion favorita! Now I will go take Daisy for a walk through the leaves. the trees are at peak, and absolutely gorgeous. Tonight we are home teaching, then taking some cookies over to Brian Angel. I have one of dad's favorite meals in the oven, a perdue oven stuffer. fun day! love to all.

2 comments:

teviawall said...

sounds like an exceptionally fun day. I miss baking cookies. I am glad I will be at my house in December so I can crank out a bunch of cookies. I bought a pumpkin the other day and it is nice to have a small reminder of fall here in the apartment. I thought about buying some Halloween decorations, but passed on the urge. Maybe I will buy some toll house cookies and bake them, just for fun. Send a picture of the leaves so we can enjoy them! :)

Bret said...

I recall those days making cookies as well. Sounds beautiful there. The weather here is gorgeous as well. Not too hot, not cold. A little breezy. Eat some cookies for me!