Tevia has posted much of what we have done with the Webbs, but I thought I would recap with my perspective. I haven't seen Tevia so excited in years as we waited on our balcony watching each car and van turn into our apartment driveway. It was like me at Christmas. She was so happy to see her parents. It has been fun seeing them look in amazement and unbelief at everything around them - trying to believe that they are actually in Hong Kong. Monday at the nunnery and gardens was wonderful. I particularly loved the nunnery and garden. I enjoyed talking with my boys about the different gods we saw and explained to them that even though they aren't the true gods and we don't worship them that we respect the beliefs of others and that all religions have some truth in them. I loved watching the people come by and do their short little bows. One man was chanting in a low chant that sounded like I have seen on TV. Even for me on days like these it is hard to believe I live here. I just adore the architecture and marvel at the beauty.
Disneyland was awesome. I had been told by many that I would be so disappointed by Hong Kong Disneyland as it is not as big. But I loved it. Some of the rides I even thought were better than Anaheim. The fact that the park was not crowded was so nice and many times we had rides or areas basically to ourselves. I truly felt the magic of Disney here. I look forward to going back in a couple of weeks.
It wasn't fun going back to work, but work has been busy and so that makes the days go quick. I look forward to Tevia's parents returning from Nippon and taking them to some good chinese restaurants and some other places. It has been fun for the boys having them here as well.
On a side note, for the past year or so I have been looking for a good music player to use on my computer. I have used Rhapsody and iTunes and many others. This last week I picked up WinAmp after they did a major rehaul and love it. But the reason I love it is mostly due to a little add-on they have called minilyrics. Basically it finds the lyrics to the song that is playing and then shows the lyrics scrolling and highlights the line that is currently being sung during the song. It works for almost all songs. As a person who loves music lyrics, this has been awesome. I think mom would love it. So as I listen to Simon and Garfunkel right now I can see the lyrics and sing along. It is almost like having a karaoke machine. Try it out. It's free.
1 comment:
I will try it out sometime. I can just picture Tevia looking out for the car.
Post a Comment