Today I get to undertake a large task. I get to fly home, by myself, with three small children, halfway across the world. Am I crazy, perhaps a little. If I weren't just a tad touched in the head I would never be able to do this. I am so, so, so , so infinitely grateful that we are flying business class rather than coach. We will get to utilize the business class lounges and have attendants help the kids and I while flying. I think my biggest worry will be when we land in Vancouver and having to maneuver all the luggage(6 check on, two carry on, stroller and car seat) through customs. That will be a challenge, but I have four hours in which to accomplish this task since that is the amount of time for our layover there.
I will definitely not be too proud to ask for help, and I am sure I will need it. I have prayed mightily that my kids will be on their very best behavior and be very helpful. I have faith that all will go well. I don't feel nervous, just excited and anxious.
I was sad to have to say good-bye to Bret this morning. We all traipsed down to the apartment lobby with him to bid him farewell, and then I stood on the balcony and waved good-bye to him until he got on the bus. I know he will be sad and lonely because he will be all alone. I will have the kids and then someone with me at least until the 17th. So I will be fine.
I can't wait to see my sister at the airport. My heart leaps with anxiety just waiting to see her there waiting for us. I will get to see my family and then all of you guys (except for jake and millie boohoo, sniff sniff) in the very same month. I am so lucky!
Well, here is to seeing you all on the flip side. Much love to all of you...
3 comments:
wait i thought jacob and millie were coming??
no, they changed their minds, because the one brother is coming home from japan in january, and they want to see him, and they can't go both times.
I miss you lover!
Post a Comment