Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in my life. Today in church we had the Area President (President Garn) talk on mothers. It is always so great to hear general authorities speak. He said two things that really touched me. He said that Russell M Nelson, who was a heart surgeon, was once asked why he had chosen that career. He said that the greatest job on earth is to be a mother, but since he wasn't able to do that he thought he would try to help the sick.

President Garn then quoted from another general authority (I can't remember who) who had said that the role of men is to protect, provide for and to admire women. I thought this was very deep. Especially the "admire" part.

I want to the most important mothers in my life - my mother and the mother of my children - to know that I do admire them. I love them with all of my heart. I hope one day to be as good as they are. I hope to always make them proud. Both of them keep me on the strait and narrow. Thank you for all that you do. I love you.

2 comments:

KarenM said...

Thank you sweetie! It is my favorite part of me, being a mother. I thank the Lord every single day that I had a chance to be one on this earth. It is a privilege and an honor. I have worked hard at it, because it is a calling, and I wanted to magnify it, and do my best. With the Lord's help, I can now honestly say, wow! My kids turned out great! All of you make me proud and happy. I know it wasn't just me, and dad, but the great spirits the Lord sent us! We are the lucky ones.
Taking care of my 80 year old mother as I see her age has also been an honor lately.
Thank you for the beautiful flowers. They are always welcome! No need for an excuse, they are a favorite gift. My house is beautiful today, thanks to the flowers, (it was a gigantic gorgeous bouquet), and to Kathy, who cleaned everything while I was out late at the NJ Youth prom. Even my pantry is spotless and organized, the kitchen perfect, a sign saying Happy Mother's Day standing by the table, with a gift wrapped in pink. wow!
Again, I say here, Bret and Tev, a still hope you get a daughter some day
Jake and Cari, thanks for the rice-cooker! I can't way to try it this week. I hope I can do it.
Happy Mothers day to Tevia and Cari!

teviawall said...

Bret, one of the reasons I married you was because of the way you treated your mother. I knew I would always be valued as a woman and a mother because you treated yours with such respect and love. I have not been disappointed yet. I am so happy that you value and love and also show it, not just say it, to the women in your life. I love you babes.