Saturday, May 10, 2008

Settlers

Since forever our family has been insanely competitive as everyone knows. I personally like this because I thrive on competition and I think it helps me improve myself. However, I do not think that I am going to play another game of Settlers of Catan in this family for a long time. Usually at least some one gets mad every game but lately since Tommy and I have been home, every single time we play, I think every single person has gotten frustrated to the point where it is no longer a game but a yelling session. And last night, we decided or Dad decided that we were going to be very positive and complement each other frequently through out the game. LOL. That probably lasted the first 15 minutes. However, it was still an exciting experience because in the middle of the game mom's tooth came out and I almost fainted. Anyways I love Settlers, mostly because I get lucky almost every game but its going to be awhile until I play again. It's aquire all over again!! lol Why can't our family just play a nice game together? Even though I like competition sometimes I wish it wasn't life or death in this family and Dad didn't leave ready to kill someone, Tommy didn't try to talk about it for 10 hours after the game (like Jacob) and Mom didn't say things to make it better even though she makes it worse. And I could control my frustration and want to keep playing. Maybe we'll get better but I honestly doubt it lol. And even though I say this, I bet we play another game of settlers tomorrow. =)

3 comments:

lovebug said...

I make it worse? :( That is good for me to know

Just to explain, it was not my tooth, it was an old crown. I put a piece of gum in my mouth and it just fell right off. Weird.

I thought the game was fun, and Tom won, so we all have won one time now.
Dad did improve, and Kathy is very lucky. I am getting better at it. We miss playing with other people.
we should find a new game to play-
any ideas?

teviawall said...

I wish someone would play settlers with me...I got the game for Christmas and I have only gotten to play it twice. Nobody in my family will play it with me cuz I am too competitive. Well, Jacob and Millie would probably play it, but they far, far away.

Sorry you guys had a rough time playing together. Maybe going back to kindergarten and learning how to play nice would do everyone some good. lol

Bret said...

I love playing all games and I don't get mad. Just let me play. I'd love to play Acquire. I'm a man all alone in the garden of, er, Hong Kong.