Well, I got a nice gift certificate from Mom for finish line today and Cari had been discussing each getting running shoes so we got some! I was planning on getting my favorite A5 or A7 comfort adidas styles as I have always liked them. However finish line didn;t have them so I found myself checking out Nike instead. They didn't have the best Nike style either but they did have a few versions of the pegasus. Which was last year was Nike's top running show for pavement.
Now what makes this post interesting was I decided to try the Nike + running system that tracks your miles and time etc. I hate Apple, but I have to go buy a Nano because no other companies have cached in on this deal. Makes me sick giving this company more money, but anyways we are hoping Cari and I can share the ipod and that it can keep track of both of our running logs. Don't know yet if this will be the case.
So we will have fun tracking our running for the rest of the season and if anyone else wants in let us know. It is a little pricy, but you can buy the shoe sensor adapter($10) for any pair of shoes if you don't want to buy a pair of Nikes. The kit is only 30 bucks but you need a Ipod Nano to use it. We will let you know how effective it is and whether it is helping us with jogging. I figure any form of tracking like Wii Fit will actually get me outside running! Thanks again Mom for the present!
2 comments:
That sounds so awesome! Especially since I love to run. I have to say though once you are in the habit DONT stop! I was almost running 3 miles everyday and now I can only do one because I stopped for about a month. Im starting up again though and maybe Ill get those shoes!!!!!
I am so happy to hear that you used a gift of mine for something that makes you happy! yeah for you! this sounds like an awesome idea. Good luck running. I love my Wii. It keeps my little line going ever so slowly down, but hey, that is good!I love to look at it and see the line heading downward. This concept was one of the helpful ways that Weight Watchers worked for people. People like to SEE their progress. It is nice that all this new technical stuff makes it so personal and fun.
Post a Comment