Yes, I actually watched it. Obauma reminded me of a high school student running for president of his school, promising free soda with every lunch, and no homework! duh! Is America that stupid and lazy? Where do they think he will get the funds to pay for free health care and sending everyone to college? Do they ever ask how he will do these things? If one of my family finally worked hard enough to make over $250., I wouldn't think they should have to 'spread their wealth around' as directed by the government.
I am reading, Wild Swans, a book about China and communism. It just so happens that the chapter I read last night read: communism came in and wanted to reform China. They bought up all the businesses and farms, and then redispersed them to everyone so everyone had equal money.
Now, I don't mind living like this when Christ is here, but not now when government is so corrupt!
It all stinks. Grandpa Wall seems to think it will get worse. I know the scriptures say the church will continue to grow, and I will just stay calm and be good.
7 comments:
I'll just give my two cents. Watching the debates I don't know why anyone under 40 would ever vote for McCain - though I still am - but mostly because of principle and Sarah - not him. To me, every debate he came off as an arrogant, rich, crotchety, old man who never respected his debate partner and contiually rolled his eyes like, "young people are so dumb!" To me, Obama was much nicer, intelligent, and was able to connect to the voters (at least my generation). I think my generation wants to hear that the wealth distribution is not fair (and it isn't!). And mom, for your comment on wanting to live a law of consecration when Christ comes but not now, I'd say our feelings won't change in the next life. The Church tried this early on and it failed, and it would still fail today. Not because of poor leaders, but because of the people. I'm not saying I'm for communism, but at the same time I agree with Obama that he and McCain SHOULD BE TAXED MORE. And the middle class should be taxed less. Maybe what he says is a lie and that he will actually raise taxes on middle class, but I'd say how can you trust McCain any more than Obama? I really just wish Sarah was running, but she'd never win as too many Americans are convinced they need a professional politician in order to be a president. George Washington proves them wrong. Gotta go to a meeting!
well, I kind of disagree. When the law of consecration is ran by the church, it won't have all this sin, corruption, and immorality.
We already do tax the rich more, as we have been on a sliding tax scale for years. I just don't think that we can tax anyone any more. We pay taxes on what we earn, what we buy, what we own, what we give away, what we drive, what we eat, etc. I just don't like the 'get something for nothing' plan. If people need help, I am all for that.
Yes, McCain comes across terrible, and Obauma is a smooth talker, very eloquent, but I still don't trust him, and the nation shouldn't just vote on who looks better and speaks nicer.
Nobody should vote on who looks better and speaks nicer, but they will. People are lazy and uninformed and vote to whatever "looks" best, or what their friends are voting instead of what is best. In this case, both are rotten choices so it is really picking the lesser of two evils. I agree with bret and I wish Palin would win because she seems to have a good head on her shoulders and isn't as corrupt with government/politics, but average humans aren't smart enough to do what is best for them.
In short, people tend to be afraid to do what is right. So I leave you with the litany on fear. Thank you Frank Herbert.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
good quote!
Wow! I finnaly make a commitment to ignore politics and everyone finnaly starts getting more vocal abotu their opinions:-)
Other than nuking the whales, this country is headed for class warefare becasue the poor don't pay taxes. Thet feel entiteled to the money from the rich so they don't care about the respnsiblity of using the money. If the middle and lower classes were taxed more fairly, they would think twice about treating their communities better and leeching from society. NO other wealthy country in the world taxes like we do. At very minimum they have a flat tax on the poor and middle class to keep them involved.
If I was a poor person not paying taxes, then why the hell wouldn't I want to raise taxes? I don't, and in this country never will?!
I don't care if we tax the upper class another 7%, what I want is a tax increase for all the classes so we can stop clas warefare. The only reason the divide between dems and pubs is so large and crazy is class warefare. If we taxed the lower classes so they felt the pinch when uncle sam came in and said you have to pay for some far left activist group or Nancy Pelosi needs a private jet, they would be outraged.
Now, on the specifics, athough I said I don't mind some tax increases, this year would be death to capitalism. If and when Obama wins, if he gets his 7% tax increase on the rich put it, we will enter the second great depression. You heard it here first.
Our own family debate! Cool. I'm all for a flat tax, but the reality is many of these people that get paid so much don't deserve getting paid that much. A good example are the CEOs of these finance companies that we just bailed out. They make millions and they did nothing to help their companies. Nobody is so wonderful that they deserve millions of dollars each year. We are a capitalist society, so they get what the market thinks they are worth, but the market is wrong. I won't go into why the market is wrong, as that is another subject. I would just say this. The middle class is what makes this country, or has made this country, so great. We are seeing the disintegration of the middle class. The rich are getting richer and the poor, poorer. We have become too greedy, both rich and poor. All things aside, I don't think McCain or Obama will make much impact on the economy. They are all talk. Nobody knows exactly what to do as any idea is purely theory. I have my ideas, too. A tax increase will not lead us to a depression. Our country is blessed based upon the righteousness of its people. If it is our time to be admonished, we will. Back to the two candidates - McCain unfortunately is not appealing enough. And yes, people do vote on appearance and smooth talking. Just like they did in high school. I just wish the republicans could have chosen a candidate that would appeal more to the next generation. This is a man that I used to like. He's my senator (AZ). But he has changed. He is power hungry. I'd have much rather had Romney or Huckabee or Powell or Sarah. The nation is looking for change and will not find it in a professional politician like McCain or Obama. It will be found in a true representative of the nation. In the debates Obama appealed to the average person by saying he will give them more money and acting professional and genuine. That is not a reason to vote for someone, but unfortunately it is the most the average person will know about either candidate.
true true. good reply. It somehow does feel like high school. Where are all the smart kids that know the answers? Why don't nerds run for presidnent? Yes, I think Romney would have had a better chance, based on looks. You are right, our fate is in the Lord's hands. I think there are still enough righteous people to keep us going a while longer.
Post a Comment