Wednesday, October 15, 2008

fhqwhgads

Make sure you pronounce it correctly! Anyways this blog will be scattered so the name fits perfectly. I am writing this on my new Mac Book Pro and I commonly miss keys on the keyboard so I apologize in advance if I miss some.

First and most important: Congrats Kathy and Jimmy! I am so excited for you two. I am trying to get more stoked for Hawaii but am busy enough it still scares me to take a week off of life.

Second: I had a change of heart about my calling this week. Doing quarterly numbers and seeing the shape of our ward nearly brought me to tears. I am excited to try and make a difference and have repented of my previous assumptions about useless Utah wards. I think what really brought it home was the fact that Hazel still doesn't exist on the records of the church... Major help is needed, and I am glad to have an opportunity to serve.

Third: Carolyn's MRI came back negative and although she hates me talking about it, I was really worried about her and am so grateful she is normal... well sort of:-) I'm afraid if you are out of the loop on this subject you will have to suck it up or pry information from Cari since I am not supposed to talk about it.

Forth: Along the same lines, I am praying Hazel's Biopsy comes back negative as well.

Fifth: I am doing well at my job, well at least I think so. I am already positioning myself as the lead Silver Light developer and since we are so buddy buddy with Microsoft this may end up being really important. What exactly do I do? Tough question, but in truth I really just implement really advanced multimedia plug ins and modules on websites. I enjoy my position and the freedom I am given as well as the perk of carpooling, working with my best friend Jared and working from home when I please.

Sixth: I constantly find myself wondering about Tom and his adventure. I admit I don't envy him since I hated the MTC, but I am very jealous of his upcoming mission.

Seventh: The economy scares me, I think that is healthy for all of us. Rethinking our ability to buy an amazing boat this spring has been a refreshing reminder of what is really important. Which is of course buying the biggest boat we can possibly afford! Haha, had you all going there for a sec didn't I? We are still set on a boat, burb, houseboat, and house:-) My answer to those that think these wants are too much need only read Malachi a few more times and then up their fast offering to 5%.

Eighth: The upcoming election had me really worried for a while. But then I realized both candidates are in fact terrorists in that they both cause terror in me when I hear them speak. Well, Barack may screw up a little bit of America, but he probably can't make it much worse than its current state(check this statement in 4 years!) and the only important issue right now is really the family. We just all need to hope Cheney shoots McCain on a hunting trip and somehow Palin manages to reverse the destruction of family mar ridge. Either way, theres really nohing I can do about it since the people's opinions of this country no longer matter. In conclusion, I am going to take a break from politics for a while and my only response to anyhting political will probbaly just be "Gotta Nuke Something."

4 comments:

KarenM said...

Let's see if I can respond in order:
- I don't get the title
- Hawaii will be super, I have heard there is a lot of theft there, be careful where you put your purse and stuff, Kathy can prove this to be true.
- sooo proud of your positive attitude to help with your calling!
- yeah for Cari! relieved.
-praying for Hazel
- glad you like your job, do your best, learn a lot
-I miss Tom and find myself also thinking about him each day and wondering what he is doing, Boomer's last letter says he really misses Tom terribly.
-economy, at least we all have jobs and homes, and soon, someone with a boat! It may be harder to get credit, who knows?
-good choice about just taking a break from politics. I should follow your lead!

teviawall said...

Reading your blog made me miss you!! We had so much fun being with you guys. I will keep Hazel in my prayers, relieved about Cari, glad you like your job, look forward to possibly hanging out on your boat, I haven't paid attention much to all the politics cuz I don't care much for either candidate and know that I can only do my part to make sure the marriage bill passes here in AZ so we get our temples.

Anyhow, Hawaii will be a blast. Even if we get something stolen, they probably needed it more than we did anyhow. (this edited from what I was really going to say)

Carolyn said...

First: I'll admit I've having some of the same worries about Hawaii, but we will come and have fun and when everyone else is busy, Jacob and I will probably be working. :)

Second: I'm glad you had a change of heart about your calling. It has made it easier for me to work on having a change of heart about your calling. It's hard for me to have you gone for several hours every night to go to clerk stuff while you get the ward in order, but you will do fabulous at it and you are needed.

Third: "It's not a tumor!" Nuff said.

Fourth: Well, this one is a tumor. But the doctor seems pretty convinced it's a benign one, so we're just praying that he's right.

Fifth: I'm very happy that you like your job. It makes it easier to have you gone everyday when I know that you are enjoying what you are doing and who you are spending that time with. Obviously you'd rather stay home and play with me, but I'm supposed to be working, not playing...hmmm - better work on that.

Sixth: I miss Tom. It's true. It's like this past summer, but without being able to call him and make fun of him for going to bed at 10 pm as an 18-year-old. Though I suppose that was good practice for him considering his sleep schedule for the next 1 year, 11 months and 2 weeks.

Seventh: I actually feel rather good about the economy. No I'm not stupid or unobservant. I just think that we got ourselves into this mess (not us specifically, but us America) and if we're meant to get out of it, we will. Otherwise, it's getting closer to the end and that can't be all bad.

Eighth: Ditto Jacob.

Webb said...

Great blog wall. It was nice to be caught up on so much with what's going on with your fam! I was worried about Heather and don't remember if anything was mentioned about Cari when you guys came over. Glad to hear everything is looking up there!

I've been in Mexico this last week and was completely disconnected from the world. No cell phone (I had it and had service, but left it off), no computer (had it too, but only to download photos we took and never paid for internet service at our resort) and no news!! (political or economical). It was actually one of the most refreshing aspects of the vacation! I spent 24 hrs in the hospital/ER but all in all a good trip. I'll blog about it on our blog (webbpartyof3.blogspot.com).

Last of all, I'm glad to hear you finally got a REAL computer Jacob!