Jimmy finally officially proposed! It was amazing. It was a great weekend and at the very end of it... Sunday at sunset, he brought me to a big yellow school bus and lead me inside. There were flowers and candles everywhere and it was incredible. He then, after we sat down, pulled out his scriptures and read some things to me and then, bore his testimony. Then, he told me all of that lovey dovey mushy stuff, got down on one knee, and proposed with an absolutely gorgeous wedding ring. It's white gold and a 6 prong 1 carrot diamond. It couldn't be more beautiful. I can not stop looking at my hand! And afterwards we danced to our song and then, went and walked on the beach and made smores. It was SO nice!
Anyways for those of you who do not know this, Jimmy and I first met on a school bus when I was going over to Karen's house after school in the 10th grade. We met because as Jimmy tried to throw his gum out the window it landed in my hair. (He actually gave me a piece of gum as soon as I sat down last night!) After that incident, we started talking and became really good friends and our story began. I thought that the whole thing was perfect. It didn't cost money (well except for the ring) because the flowers were wild and the candles were from previous times and it was just so cute. I feel so blessed and loved and am so grateful for my life right now!
Also, we got a place!!!! We fell in love with a place that was pretty expensive but doable if we were really tight and we were actually told last night that it was ours but both of us were not as happy as we had thought we would be. We then, decided it was because it was too much money and we were not at a place where we could afford something that nice or do not even need to right now. So this other place that we looked at, (600 dollars cheaper!), we decided was the best offer. It was very humbling and although, I do not LOVE this place, I know it is the right choice and am excited to start my new life with Jimmy. So we called this other cheaper place last night after thought and prayer and got it! So we now have a place to live and you guys will just have to wait and see what it looks like!
5 comments:
That sounds so romantic and creative! Congratulations! I am very happy for you. I can't wait to see your place.
Congratulations! BTW, does Jimmy want access to the blog so he can comment? If so, send me his email. Also, what is your song?? I am curious. I am so happy for you both. See you in a month!
The first song we ever danced to was Open Arms by Journey. We need to pick another wedding song though. I wanted the rose but jimmy refuses because it's in Napolean Dynamite. Im sure he would love to be in the blog and I'll send you his email! Thanks!
What? No Picture of the ring!!! We are excited to see you guys. I am glad you are not doing the Rose for your song. I have to agree with Jimmy on this one!
Congrats!! I'm very, very excited for you! Marriage is wonderful and I'm excited for you to have this change in your life. My favorite part is still saying "good-night" at the end of the night instead of "good-bye".
I do have to say that either song is better than mine and Jacob's "songs", which "Here's to the Night" by Eve6 and "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by John Denver. Yeah, they are both about saying good-bye. Yeah, that sucks. Yeah, we need a new song. :)
Post a Comment