Sunday, November 23, 2008

Favorite Church Activity

Our subject in sacrament meeting was attendance at church activities. Suzanne, although not happy with her choice of topics, did a great job being creative and positive.
I was interested in knowing some of your favorite or most memorable ward or church activities.
I just wonder which ones had an affect on my kids, because as adults, we kind of start to think of some ward activities as a real sacrifice to go to, to support the ward, and not for any fun or uplifting reason.
I used to love when our ward did square dancing. And line dancing on the same night. I don't know why we stopped doing it, as it brought out all sorts of people and their friends.
I miss good old firesides. We hardly ever have them anymore.
I love our yearly December musical Christmas program. It really brings the spirit of Christmas in to my heart.
We had some really fun elder's quorem events in Utah.
No, I am not getting called to ward activities director. I am just curious.

1 comment:

teviawall said...

my favorite church activity was way back when I was very very young. It was back when the old Lakeside chapel was still standing. I think I must have been about 5 or 6. It was a pioneer day celebration and there were bales of hay on the lawn, lots of games, roller skating in the gym, homemade ice cream and home made rootbeer and other yummy pot luck items. It was a time when both sides of my family were still untainted from the world and everyone seemed happy and content in my young unblemished mind.

In general I am not a fan of ward activities. I am probably just a humbug and grouchy when it comes to large church gatherings of that nature. I don't think I used to be this pessimistic or grouchy towards them. Somewhere along the way something must have happened to turn me off from them.

Sorry to sound like a "Debbie Downer". I am in a bad mood. Not a good time to post on a blog. Sorry.