Saturday, February 14, 2009

finding more hidden treasures

I am finally done painting Tom & Jacob's closet, and dad finally put the shelves back in, (they were too heavy for me). We didn't put the handmade makeshift shelf on the bottom, so that I can put totes in there.
So, I am having a fun morning reboxing things, and going through more of the boys stuff.
Which leads me to a new project. I love projects!
I found 4 Walkmans. And tapes from both Jacob and Bret's mission.
I will see which one works best, and send one to Tom for his August birthday. So if you want to make a tape for him, he will have a device to listen to it on.
I will bring some of Bret's tapes to listen to while I am in AZ. So cute!
Such great memories are in that room. Lots of bullet shells, golf balls, a taped-up black index card box which holds who knows what secrets, 4 broken watches, lots of wires and controller type things, coins, lego, scout stuff etc.
It is fun for me to see the pieces of my boys life.
Jacob, I will bring that special Book of Mormon to you when we come out in April.
You all have brought me so much joy, and still do!
Sorry Kathy, there is nothing of yours in that room! :) You have a whole room full of treasures and I love just going in there and seeing all the photos.
Bret- should I bring a cub scout shirt for Malik? It was used by all 3 of you guys.

1 comment:

Bret said...

I laugh to think that bullet shells make the list of things that bring great memories. =) Yes, bring the shirt. I have heard a rumor that scouts is changing both scout uniforms after 20 years or so. That'll be interesting.