Friday, June 26, 2009

As I Wait

So I was supposed to meet Jimmy online awhile ago and he hasn't come on so I thought maybe I should blog in the mean time. I do not have much time but I will tell you this... I am amazed. I knew that America was special and that the rest of the world was different but experiencing it first hand has opened my eyes to a whole new world. I know my conditions in the village are a little extreme but even the house we are staying at on the weekends here in Labasa does not even compare to home in the US. I am so glad I have this experience and despite the bugs, bites, and impossibleness of ever being actually clean lol, I have fallen in love with Fiji, the people, and of course the children that we get to teach and spend time with. This has definitely been an unforgettable and life changing time. Lol I can not wait to show you all pictures. The kids love taking pictures. The cool thing is that even though these kids literally have nothing. They sleep on the ground and usually are fed like nothing, they are so happy. They have taught me lots of fun games and have truly taught me that stuff is just stupid stuff. Anyways thats it for now. It will be fun telling stories of everything when I get back home. I am happy and I love Fiji! And I can't wait to travel the rest of the world with Jimmy as life proceeds!

No comments: