Sunday, June 21, 2009
Benjamin Button review
Although I had heard this was good, and Brad Pitt won several awards, as did the movie, I was not excited to see it, so we waited and Netlixed it. I had previously read 2 books on the same premise, of being born old and getting younger. This movie was long and slow-moving, but, I am glad I watched it. Dad and I both cried, but it also had some deep thought-provoking themes and some tender moments. When the first woman picks up little ugly baby Benjamin, and says it is still a child of God, that was touching. Later, as the plot thickens, there is a sense of forgiveness, a real love story, and a deep meaning to the word 'age'. I was feeling pretty old, just turning 55, but I actually needed to see that movie. All ages have their seasons and their purpose. There are a few silly love-making scenes, probably thrown in there for Brad Pitt's fans, where they make love all over the place, including naked in the sand. It is too bad that they feel that have to use that tool to portray a real serious love relationship. I probably wouldn't need to see it again, but I left it feeling sweet, sad, and peaceful all at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment