This year's camp included all the usual; rain, thunder, lightning, poison ivy, a few stitches, sunburns, drama, etc.
We had perfect weather on Thursday. Bill Hettinger spent 4 hours pulling the girls behind his jet ski on a tube. They loved it!
The sky was clear and bright for our testimony campfire. There were 12 non-members this year, and 6 of them bore their testimonies of how they felt such a special spirit this week.
Personally, I was blessed. I had gone to the camp Saturday with dad to drop off some heavy items, and bales of hay for archery. I went Monday to clean the kitchen and nurse cabin.
By Wednesday, my old bursitis on my right knee was swelling and giving me grief. I came home at 10pm for a good night sleep and nice clean shower. I iced it, and prayed for it not to get worse.
It didn't! By Friday I was still climbing the hills and cleaning and taking down tents in the pouring rain. My back was sore, but not bad. I truly was given the strength to run girls camp, and I am very grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment