This year's trip to Rocky Point, Mexico went as planned: great! We left Tuesday morning and arrived a few hours later with no problems at the home we have stayed every year. This year our group was small. We missed having people around - but it was still fun.
Tuesday we went to the beach. It was a very hot and muggy day - but quite breezy. The ocean felt almost hot to me that day. But it was still fun. That night we went to my favorite chicken place in Rocky Point. I gorged myself on pollo asado and enjoyed eating in the little chicken hut and seeing my boys enjoying the food and sodas.
Wednesday was a little cooler and we spent a lot of time at the pool and the beach. The rest of the time we spent resting, playing games, or napping. In the evening we went to our favorite paleteria to have ice cream bars. I picked my fav coconut bar - which is like heaven.
Thursday was even nicer weather. We went into town and watched the sunset. Afterwards we went to get tacos al pastor at the place Jacob Webb had found last year, but it was closed (had been open the night before). So we tried the next place down the street called Cheko's Tacos. They were great. I also went across the street and bought some bacon-wrapped hot dogs - which reminded me of Brasil and San Blas.
Though it was very relaxing, it seemed like time passed so quickly. Friday was spent at the beach and pool again. I caught a crab that we played with. We then had a great dinner with some shrimp we had purchased in town. After dinner we did fireworks. We went to do them across the street, but the one guard didn't want us to be attacked by the "crazy jumping scorpions that run like the devil." I would have enjoyed seeing those, but we took his advice and did the fireworks in our housing complex. It was fun - and Tevia even let the boys hold the roman candles as they ignited them.
Saturday morning we took one last quick trip to the beach and then headed back to clean up and take off. The trip home was uneventful with a nice stop at Taco Bell. In the end it was a wonderful, relaxing and sun-filled trip. I am probably tanner than I have been in years - and it was fun to feel in great shape as I watched the beach. Though there weren't many people on the beach - it seems the recession has taken its toll on the tourism down there.
I was so happy to go. My only regret is that we couldn't be joined by other family members. Maybe next year. We particularly missed Ellery playing with Enok on the beach.
1 comment:
I know I wish that Jimmy and I would have been there. One day. I am glad you guys had fun. The pics looks great! Cant wait to see you!
Post a Comment