Saturday, August 29, 2009

new idea for FHE

“It is during the family home evening and in other family settings that we prepare our children to receive the blessings of the Lord. . . .“Family home evening is a very special time for us to strengthen ourselves and each family member. It is important to include the whole family in assignments for family home evening. A child could share the Primary lesson that he or she had last Sunday. Family home evening strengthened the faith and testimony of my own family.”
Claudio R. M. Costa, “Priesthood Responsibilities,” Ensign, May 2009, 56

With this in mind, and missing all of you, I would like to request that we do a family home evening via skype, (unless one of you tech savvy people find an even better source to do it over the net, which I here are out there somewhere.)
I would like to be so bold as to suggest we plan one Monday a month, and take turns decided who hosts it. It can only last 1/2 hour or so if time is an issue. It will allow us to 'be together' monthly by sight, (I heard you can web-cam as a group on Skype).
It will keep us closer, and strengthen us. The grandkids can also be in charge, of course! We can sing, which dad will love. Webb, you are certainly welcome to join us in my weird ideas.
Let me know what you all think. mom

3 comments:

Jacob Wall said...

Nope! Family home evening is packed enough over here as it is. If you want in to our FHE you gotta come in person:-)

On a different note however, we prob should skype more.

Bret said...

I love the idea. We are in. And I'm sure we can convince grinchy Jake to join once in a while. Priorities...

lovebug said...

lol ya that was rough. ouch.