Friday, August 20, 2010

Kathy & Jimmy in NYI

I didn't get any photos, but Kathy did, so you can check hers out.
Like usual, we had to share K & J with his family, but they planned ahead and it worked out much better than last time. It is still hard to do for them.  There are so many people they want to see while they are here.
They insisted on a Yankees game, which was fun, except for the ride down, which was stressful and I apologize again to K & J.  The game was not the most exciting, as our only run was walked in, so the Yankees weren't hitting, but it was fun to be there.
She wanted to hike Mohonk, which didn't get done, but reminded me of Bret's hope to do the same.
We also fit in the temple, which was good to do, although we went to a later session, and that made it hard for them to walk around the city as much as we would have liked.  We did take a brief walk through Central Park. We had a complicated plan on how to get us home and them to Long Island without driving 2 cars to the city. In hindsight, we chose the wrong plan, but it all worked out kind of miraculously.  Dad & I didn't even have a ride home from the train station, as we forgot to leave a car there for us.  (yes, that is true.)  But low and behold, Linda Ketcheson was on our train, so Roger picked us all up and illegally squeezed us into his old Chevy truck.
Kathy really wanted dinner at the River Station, but that got bumped to NY pizza, twice.  It was delicious!
Their last day was hard to plan, with so many ideas.. It ended up with one of the above pizzas for lunch, a game of Probe and Settlers, shopping with Kathy as Jimmy went to his family's, (Gallaria had to do instead of Pallisades), and a last minute ditch to throw everything in her suitcase and head down to his mom's for a big going away dinner. I ate way too much! She cooks amazingly, and the way she does it is tricky.  She brings out a few little things at a time, so I take a few, not knowing that she is still brining out raviolis, manicotti, then they grilled kabobs, then ribs, then they ask everyone "who wants a cheeseburger? "  Then, they bring out a dessert that she knew I liked and she bought it just for me.  It was fun and dad and John hit it off amazingly with their hunting and fishing stories.
Dad went low on the way home, and I almost had to stop and call 911.  Thankfully we had 2 juice boxes in the car, but he was out of it, scary like, for the whole time, telling me to pull over, stop the car, where are we, etc. Luckily he had let me drive.
I got to see Dash. He looks like a fox.  He is cute.
I loved all the other stuff we managed to fit in, and just being with them.
It went by far too quickly, as did Bret & Tevia's trip for me.
For the record, Jimmy would have won Settlers if we stopped at 2 like we said we would.  We went on with the game neck and neck and I pulled it off with the last minute purchase of a point card.  hee hee

1 comment:

lovebug said...

Such a great trip! We are going to miss NY!!