Wind, drizzle, cold aside; I still loved every minute of the desert trip and would pay all the money and go that far to do it again.
Favs: Jarek, Malik, Bret & I in the cave making up secret words, Hazel & I hiking in the park as she sang along and stopped at every rock, Speed playing cars in the dirt, the Easter egg hunt and Jarek helping me hide the eggs, the campfire discussions, Jimmy being so careful with Kathy and their little one, and of course, being all in once place and seeing everyone.
Jake: you did a great job with the food! Yum!
Webb, I loved seeing you and Millie and the girls again!
We ended up liking the vehicle we rented, an Endeavor.
I was glad to see the top of Gemini Bridges, cause we usually go to the bottom.
Tev & Bret, thank your friends again for the comfortable air mattress.
Jacob, I hope you can take that other one back.
And Jake, you should name your tent.
Jimmy, too bad you didn't get to hike Eye of the Whale. I missed going this year also, but I love it there.
Strange that we saw no bunnies, jackrabbits, or hardly any other animals when it was such a green year.
Maybe they were hiding from Jimmy.
I missed grandpa somehow.
Next year I will slip dad a chill pill. Are they legal yet? Just kidding, I just wish he would slow down and enjoy the view.
I feel guilty about leaving those 'things' in the creek. If questioned, I will talk. Glad Jimmy got out of the quicksand alive.
Personally, I slept well, ate well, my back held out good, and each memory was precious to me.
Love Love Love being with you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment