I always thought I would die young; seriously. There were years I didn't think I would make it past 30ish. So I am in awe that I have had the choice opportunity to live on this earth for 57 years!
My mind does not feel old, but my body sometimes does. It is harder and harder to do things that used to be so easy.
My spirit is strong and active, and I have had an incredibly wonderful life, including all its ups and downs.
I can go back and watch the Lord directing me, comforting me, and blessing me. It is amazing!
I never thought I would have all these blessings. Truly the Lord did open the windows of heaven to me.
My blessings are too numerous too count. I went from a poor little girl in a big ugly city who knew nothing of life and its mysteries, to a blessed women with a righteous husband, 4 awesome children, 3 amazing children-in-laws, 5 fantastic grandchildren and another one soon to join our crazy family, tons of friends, and knowledge and wisdom more than I thought possible. Mysteries I pondered as a child have been opened to me.
I know my Heavenly Father lives, and this knowledge brings me great peace. I know we existed before, and this helps me understand the whole divine plan. I know that it is all about charity and love, and that I do not have to be perfect, but can keep trying to improve. I know my Savior died for me.
I love my house and my porch and my bluebirds and my hummingbirds and my garden, and although I will be glad to give it all up to be with my family, I am grateful for the years I was able to enjoy this beautiful area.
I love my calling in the temple, and teaching Institute. My learning curve is angling upward, and there is so much yet to learn.
I feel good about my 57 years, and have many more things I want to accomplish.
I am writing my personal history, and it brings back memories I have long forgotten. Each house I lived in, each friend I had, each job I worked, each path I took brought me to this tiny spot on my spiritual path.
There is much more to come!
Thank you all for being an integral part of my life and a blessing to me!
1 comment:
You are such an amazing person. I really hope to just be half the mother and woman that you are. Thanks for all you do! Hopefully you'll make it another 57 years! =)
Post a Comment