Friday, August 22, 2014

Thomas turns twenty-five

Tom, you were so loved by all !  Each brother and Kathy welcomed you, played with you, babysat you, and were perfectly willing to bring you anywhere they went.   They included you in games they played, from make-believe to board games to sports.  Kathy made you dress up and be the father, boyfriend, and who knows what else.  Jacob was teaching you Nintendo and Monopoly and Risk and how to hang Tigger.  Bret took time out of his busy schedule to play cars and Lego and take you places.
You were dragged along to baseball, dance,trumpet recitals, dentist appointments- you name it.
You did not have any technology to keep you busy. You just made the best of it and played.
You were an easy baby, easy toddler, easy child.  If every mother had kids like you, they would easily choose to have more.  You loved learning and school. You even 'liked' the 'mean' teachers, because they kept better order in their classrooms.
I remember when we found out we were expecting you. We had had a very difficult time getting pregnant, and were even starting adoption processes when Kathy finally came along.
Dad graduated, and we bought our very first brand new car, which seated 5.  We had no idea we would be blessed so soon with another child.  We were all thrilled!
I thought it was great having children all different ages. It kept my busy, but young and active.  I loved how you helped each other.
You never wanted to be 'in trouble'.  (That's how I was as a child)
You listened, obeyed, cared, shared, and smiled all the time.  You were smart and athletic, cute, and hard-working.
You have brought me and Dad great joy!  I hope you find the same joy in your posterity that we have felt with our children.


No comments: