I simply need to vent. I don't expect anyone to read this, but I kind of have no where else to turn.
My roommates are complete... well... you fill in the blank.
In all my life, throughout all my various roommates, companions, and even family members I've never had trouble getting along with any of them with the exception of these two, and of course, my mom.... but this isn't about her for once.
I'm sure I could do something to better the situation... but there's only so much I can do. One roommate is a pathalogical liar (even about the smallest most insignificant things too) and he stinks to high heaven. The other is a lazy blob that thinks the world owes him everything and does nothing for himself... thank to his mom and dad, he never does, and he expects the same treatment from me.
I've done everything I can to accomidate these two guys. From the day I moved in. I've cooked them meals. I clean after them. I even agreed to share a room with one of them so there wouldn't be conflicts with sleeping schedules. For the most part, I don't mind that. I like to think of myself as an accomidating person.... but when I go on doing things like that without a single thanks. In fact, they really do think it's all owed to them!!! To compound my frustration, they've now conspired against me to get me kicked out of my apartment. You would think I'd be happy to leave... right?... WRONG. Do you understand the time and effort I've put into this dump to make it par living conditions for myself?? From upgrades to fixtures, to deep cleaning in the kitchen and bathroom. Additionally, I have more possessions here than both of them combined. They're both from Heber, UT and have most of their belongings still at their parents house.
Given all this, I went to the apartment management after receiving a notice to move and asked what was going on... they gave me a run around that they had to move me because of apartment consolidating, yadda yadda yadda... bullcrap! Today I found out the truth that my roommates tried to get me kicked out becuase I mentioned bringing a friend to come live here too and they didn't want to have to share rooms.... needless to say, no more Mr. Nice Jacob. I'm making them move into the same room together and I plan on making their life complete hell. What ungrateful jerks!! Never have they shown a hint of gratitude, apprectiation, or respect for me or all I do for them.... they honestly believe the world owes them everything.
Am I way off base here? I can't remember the last time I felt SO upset, betrayed and ready to literally punch someone...
2 comments:
I think I saw this Simpsons episode! No wait, they were nerds, not jerks. :-) That is frustrating. It is hard to give advice for situations like this, as each is very unique. Sounds like you were way too nice to these guys. Most guys are slobs unfortunately. I see two options: 1 - stick to your guns and fight (to stay). This upholds your principles, but it may lead to more misery and living in a condition like a bunch of girls (sorry women-friends, but you know most girls don't live well together). 2 - move on and find something better. I hate moving more than anyone, so I know this one is hard. Maybe make it a goal to find some new roommates that you know/can get to know and move out later on.
I guess the good news is you know how most wives feel. :-)
that is a hard situation. When people go behind your back it makes you feel just awful. For me, i would move out because if I was that miserable already, I would rather find something else. But, I am girl and I am thinking like a girl. Girls would be vindictive and try to find every way they could to make your life even worse. They may very well think like girls, especially if they did the sneaky behind your back thing. Just a thought.
Good luck and keep us aprised.
Post a Comment