Thursday, March 02, 2006

fake snow day

Well, it's real snow, but the kids and I figured all the schools would close cause by the time they left for seminary Arlington, Spackenkill, and everything but Wappingers had closed, due to a storm supposed to start at 10am and dump a fluffy 8" on us. but no, Wapp decided to hold out and see if it would really come at 10, so they opted for an early dismisal. well, I let the kids stay home after they came back from seminary, knowing they would only have 3 classes and one of them was gym. Traci cut too, and she is here. then I went to walmart and loaded up on canned goods and stuff for food storage cause I was running low. by the time I left walmart at 9:30, it was coming down fast and strong. wapp is going to be in trouble. they are dismissing the high schools at 10, and then they have to use the same busses to do the jr high, then the grade schools won't even get out till noon. it is 11 now, and we have 2". the roads are awful, I got behind a bus on new hackensack, and it was slipping around and going so slow, and the kids getting off were slipping also. I have to say- my care did great! I got 4 new tires last week cause of the last time I had to drive in the snow and was all over the road. dad said they were ok, but the guys at Toyota said the tires was the reason why I was slipping, and they were right! I had no trouble at all as long as I was careful. sometimes spending the money, no, always spending the money for safety is worth it.
chocolate chip cookie and hot chocolate day, cleaning out book shelves, and fun fun fun! wish you were here Tevia!

No comments: