so i finally decided to join this blog thing. i figured this way i can let all of you know whats actually going on in my life instead of just hearing bits and pieces from mom especially now when so much is going on. plus i love hearing from all you guys. why i havent joined already, is simply because of plain stupidity.
anyways, im doing really good. i just got my patriarchal blessing acouple weeks ago and it was probably one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. before brother edmonds even got to the blessing, tears were streaming down my face. i felt the spirit so strong and really knew that heavenly father was talking directly to me and it felt so amazing and comforting. so even though boomer's name was not mentioned lol it was still a wonderful blessing. plus alittle something i would like to share from it is that i was blessed that i would have much love and romance in my life. hehe. mom and dad said that was pretty unusual so i found it both cool and exciting. since after all, i think we all know that i am a hopeless romantic. hint the name lovebug. so my future is looking pretty fun.
besides that i am going to be going to 2 proms soon. boomers and my own. and im going with sean to mine. im excited about going to both but i have to say, i think that boomers will be way more fun. then school is going okay. im ready for it to be over though. it seems like its just a waste of my time. im looking forward to actually learn some important stuff when i get to BYU however that is another story in itself. each day i feel differently about college. some days i cant wait to go and other days im completely dreading it.
then lets see acouple other little things about me, i just finished reading the fellowship and thought it was incredible. it is now one of my favorite books. it is so different from the movie though and like Tevia, i dont like that. im reading the two towers now and im finding this one to be just as good. i also just saw the movie 16 blocks. if you havent seen it. SEE IT! it is soooo good and made me cry in the end. i think its a great story and has a great lesson. well mom dad and tommy want me to go play probe so im going to go play. im glad i finally joined this thing. i love all of you =)
5 comments:
Good to see you've joined the ranks of blog land Kathy. And good job on choosing a fun screen name.
It will be fun hearing about your life and your opinions.
HEY!!! You never said anything about MY screen name being fun!! Thanks Tevs! :P
Anyway, Glad to have you on here Kathy! I'm glad you had such a good experience with your patriarchal blessing! I still remember getting mine like it was yesterday... and every time I read it, I can hear my stake patriarch's voice booming just as it did during the blessing. Become familiar with yours, read it often, and live in a way that you will be worthy of the promises it gives you! I can say that from personal experience that the promises of your patriarchal blessing really are contingent on your own personal worthiness... but then, you are a smart and spiritual young lady, I don't doubt that you will see the fulfillment of every one of the blessing promised to you in your lifetime... Just be patient for them to unfold to you in the Lord's time... and don't assume everything has been fulfilled... just look at what President Hinckley had to say about his!! :)
I'm jealous and also happy for you. Being promised "much love and romance" is really a great blessing!! I'm a hopeless romantic schmuck myself, so I know where you're coming from... I on the other hand have almost no mention of love, marriage, or family in my blessing... perhaps that explains (in part) my current position in life.... hmmm....
Anyway... this is now longer than your blog Kathy, so, I'll end. Welcome to the blog family! :)
Don't worry Jake, I have mentioned to lots of people before that you I and bret are the only ones to use screen names other than our own, and even Risa laughed and said yours was clever when she saw it! :)
Welcome aboard kathy! Hrmmm, I guess that means we have to stop making fun of Boomer(Dog from Independence day of coarse) on the blogs! <3
Welcome, Kathy!! It's good to hear what's going on with you. Don't worry too much about going to college and enjoy the rest of high school. It's hard to have things change, at least it is for me. I loved and hated college when I first got here, but then I met Jacob and life got a lot more interesting. :-) Not that you have to meet a guy when you get out here. You'll probably have more fun without one. :-P College is fun and hard and kind of weird sometimes. It's strange to be leaving it behind though. I guess that's just part of life changing. The last good movie I saw was one some people on World of Warcraft made, so I don't know if you'd like that one or not. :-) We'll keep 16 Blocks in mind next time we go to the movies.
Post a Comment