I haven't posted much lately. I will use my usual excuse for the past few months: work. I will not focus on work, but it is obvious I have worked more hours and stressed more about work in the past 3 months than I have for years. I am hoping the new year will bring a new light and load. Many things are still up in the air and I think I will learn more this week.
But besides work taking up so much time and energy, the past two weeks have been fun. Last Saturday we took the young men out into the desert to play paintball. This was my first time playing paintball and I was looking forward to it. We had a lot of fun. It is amazing how much adrenaline such a simple game can create and how much fun it can be. I'm not sure why we like shooting things so much, but I loved it. I actually did very well. We played multiple games and I only got hit three times all day. In one game I actually took out 75% of the other team by myself. The young men loved it (though mom mentioned afterwards that this activity has been outlawed by the church). I'm sure we will go again as long as we don't hear otherwise from the bishop.
This last Thursday I was able to go to the temple with the young men to assist with baptisms for the dead. It was a great evening and it was so fun to see all the young men in the temple. The funny story of the night was I ended up baptizing first. We were there at the same time of another stake (not sure why they scheduled two groups). I started the baptisms and after about half of the young men had gone the other stake asked if they could have one of their men do the baptisms. The temple worker (imagine the stereotypical old guy) looked over and said - "no, this guys doing a fantastic job. I see no reason to switch." After a couple more young men and seeing that the rest of the young men were not from our ward I asked if the other guy could come in (as a couple of the young men were actually his sons). The temple worker once again said no and that it would take too much time to switch. At this point I actually just walked out and had the other guy come in. Maybe the temple worker was mad, but I didn't want to take away the guy's chance to have a great opportunity with his boys just because I'm an amazing dunker.
Christmas is coming up. I am excited. Can't wait for a few days off.
3 comments:
Is there anything Bret can't do amazing??? :) I've said it once and I'll say it again, I am a lucky girl.
I feel the same way sometimes... I'm a lucky girl!... I think we're all lucky girls to be able to know and asscociate with Bret! :)
you have a very fulfilling life, Bret. good blog. Kathy claims she is as lucky as you. we had a kind of lucky trip this weekend. hmmm. maybe it runs in the family. of course, we did have our share of bad luck last year when something broke every single day.
Post a Comment