I don't think "let" is the right word. The weather outside is rather frightful, but we've got places to go, we don't have a fireplace to be delightful, so no, we're not "letting" it snow. It's pretty much just coming down anyway.
According to the Weather Channel website, we've only gotten about 1.75 inches of accumulated snow over the past two days. I would love for them to come look at my parking lot and tell me that's only 1.75 inches. Seriously, what measuring system are they using? Personally, I would guess we've gotten more like 5 to 6 inches. Not that Provo isn't coping with it alright, they're plowing every street but our's, like usual. And people are fishtailing and going 10 miles an hour on major roads, like usual. Jacob is trying his best to scare the crap out of me every time he makes a turn of any kind, like usual. And I'm enjoying the snow until the second I need to go out in it, like usual. That second will come in about 40 minutes, so I'm procrastinating getting ready for church as long as possible. That's not usual, despite what Jacob may say. :-) Just to prove him wrong, I'm going to go get ready now. I hope everyone else has a warmer and dryer Sunday!
7 comments:
6 inches... hmph... that's nothing... come on up to our neck of the woods where we got slammed with almost a foot!!! Not only that, but we are so fortunate to have about a 100 yard driveway that absolutely no one will plow or shovel... not even me. :) Although... we'll see how willing the good ol elder's quarem is at orginizing such a service project... for my lil prego wifey of course... not me. :)
On a brighter note, we at least have brand new snow tires on Millie's car and TWO fireplaces!... and I've been busy blocking off every room in that freezing house that I can to save on heating... I think some company will warm it nicely... Cari, we REALLY need to have you and Jacob over sometime for those pork chops I've been dying to fix!
In the mean time, enjoy the weather!
anddd me! i wanna see your lovely lawn ornament! =)
Lucky snow! :) If it makes anyone happy, we will be having a "cold" front blow through over the next few days. Lows in the 30's, highs in the low to mid 50's! brrr for us. lol
we miss you all.
Yes Kathy, and you too! You can feed our lawn ornament some apples! He likes that!... then everyone can help me shovel the driveway too! :)
we are still having a warm front, which we loved on out trip to cleveland, but it just doesn't seem Christmassy yet.
so I am jealous and want some snow by Christmas
Cari, cute blog!
Post a Comment