Saturday, February 24, 2007

Obama

30 rock made me laugh as one of the characters struggled with confusing Obama with Osama. Friday at Prudential our huddle quote of the day was from Obama. It was:

"We reward people a lot for being rich, for being famous, for being cute, for being thin... one of the values I think we need to instill in our country, in our children, is a sense of 'usefulness', in other words, are we useful, are we making other peoples' lives a little bit better?"

I really liked this quote. So I thought I would share it. Whether or not he really means this or if it is rhetoric to get a vote, I'm not sure. But if he really feels this way I think it is a good insight into his thoughts. As someone who is convinced our next President will be a Democrat (even if I want otherwise) and who hates Ms Bill Clinton, this is a good sign. Though I don't think Obama will be the runner for the democrats. Unfortunately I don't think most Americans are ready for a black president.

2 comments:

KarenM said...

I actually think they could handle a black president over a woman one. and I don't think that he being black is his worry, it is his Muslim background that people will vote against and have a problem with. I like his idea about the sense of usefulness. good thought. Yesterday one news reporter said that every single politician lies, and we should get used to that, but that the Clintons have become pro's at it! funny. Kathy and Tom will be able to vote in this election. it is fun to watch it all take shape.

Webb said...

I don't have any biased for color when it comes to president... I just would like to see someone who is honest and competent.... I think "useful" is another great term to use as well.

As for gender for president, I can see Pelosi doing making it, and from what I've seen of her so far (which realy isn't all that much I suppose) I think she'd do a great job... LOADS better than anything any of the Clintons could ever do!