Saturday, September 22, 2007
fun in the Poconos
We arrived in Bushkill, PA on Wed night, and kathy, Fred, Mike, and Marsha were already there. Kathy and Fred bought into one of those vacation points systems, and they got this condo for almost nothing. it had 2 bedrooms and baths downstairs, and a loft upstairs where dad and I slept, a nice kitchen, dining room, and family room with fireplace, right on a lake. there were tennis courts, basketball courts, game rooms, 3 pools, etc. very nice place. on Friday, we went hiking through a park called Bushkill Falls. it was$9. to get in, but so pretty. there was a small river or creek that had lots of falls throughout its path. they built wooden stairs and bridges all over and around it. it was beautiful. the rest of them hiked the long trails, and dad and I hiked the short one, then had corn dogs and a rootbeer float and shopped the little trading post and relaxed. it was a really cute place. dad and I would love to go again, and even take all of you there. we enjoyed getting to know Marsha better. I had make 50 little pieces of paper with 50 memories on them for Michael for his birthday. ( this was all done for his 50th birthday celebration next week) so we had fun pulling out the memories and questions all the time and talking about each subject, like, what was your favorite tv show as a kid, first kiss, first job, best teacher, when did you first meet Carol, what was your earliest memory, etc. It was a great idea and kept us talking from morning until night. I love my sister and brother. it was a very bonding weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ps- Michael took over 100 pics of the falls and the woods, etc. I was thinking of how much Tevia would have loved to take photos there. mine came out not so good, so I can't wait to see Mike's.
sounds like you guys had a great time together. that is cool that mike took a lot of pix. Make sure you send us yours.
Post a Comment