Sunday, September 23, 2007

Hong Kong - 2nd Round

I have an advantage over Tevia in that I have been here before. I was here for 4 weeks and pretty much know my way around, what foods I like, etc. Coming back was easy and wasn't even "exciting" like it was the first time. For me it is pretty much back to usual: working most of the day and coming home to the family at night. I feel for Tevia who doesn't get that routine. But she will soon. Hong Kong has been great to be back to. I found the little bus route to my work from my new apartment (which is also much cheaper than the shuttle route I used at my last apartments). I have ventured off to find some great lunch places. One day this week I found an Indonesian place that is tiny. I had some awesome Mango Fried Rice with a tall glass of coconut milk (divine!).

This week we head down to Singapore. I decided to bring the family as I felt bad leaving them the first week they are here. It will be worth the extra money to have them close and also the opportunity to see a new country (newer!). We will be there a week. Unfortunately two of those days are holidays in Hong Kong, so I will miss out on them since they are not celebrated in Singapore. Oh well. I still have a bunch of days off that I need to take.

Work has been a little different since I came back. With a new boss (different from the one last month) it has taken time to get used to her style and work. She is not quite the dynamic leader that my last boss was last month (he is based in London but was here on assignment until a replacement was found). I honestly think this will be a big part of my decision on whether to stay (of course, the family's feelings come first). So who knows, we may be back in PHX early in 2008. Who knows what they will do with me in PHX. It would be interesting. But I trust the Lord and the talents he has given me.

Yesterday was a lot of fun as we went to Stanley and walked around the market. Then we had lunch and Tevia ordered some canelloni that was amazing. In the afternoon the boys and I (sans Enok) tried out the pools since their suits came. It was a lot of fun. They have a huge kiddie pool that is shallow that the boys loved and Enok will, too. That evening we went to a big mall and had hamburgers and found a voltage converter for the Wii. So now we can play Wii. It works! So it survived the trip.

We should be back on internet when we get back from Singapore (Oct 3).

No comments: