First, I love a new song. It is "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon. I haven't liked a song like this in a while (I think of "The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars). The lyrics are simple, but the emotion comes through. No bad words and sort of a love song. Take a listen at some point. Right now I have it on my playlist on favtape.com, which is the newest music streaming site I am trying out. Every time I find a good streaming site (think Finetune and Deezer) they eventually get too popular and then sued by somebody or other and then suck. I'm trying Favtape and a few others. Streaming songs for me is just much better since I'm still usually too cheap to buy the songs and if I do buy them I tend to get sick of them fairly quickly.
For Christmas I bought Tevia the Neutrogena Wave, which is kinda like a toned-down sandpaper machine for your face. It lightly vibrates with a soft pad that gets changed from time to time. Of course, I have taken the liberty to try it out and I can say that I absolutely love it. It works wonders on my face. I can only use it on the top of my face (read "the places with no hair) like my forehead and cheeks, and it leaves my skin incredibly soft and smooth. Not sure if it works on everyone, but I have found my face to be smoother, clearer, and glowing. I love it.
Last week they officially disconnected our cable. But no fear as we have our new antenna that brings in great quality HDTV and some new channels that we've never seen before (Qubo?). We haven't started watching a new show for a few years. I tried to watch Heroes and Fringe when they started, but wasn't drawn in after the initial show. Last week we decided to give Dollhouse a try. It is Joss Whedon's newest show (he did Buffy and Firefly/Serenity). Though I never really watched Buffy, I did enjoy the movie Serenity (Jacob hates this movie - it scares him). I enjoyed the show and look forward to the next. Maybe it will be our next fix as BSG ends its run this year. Speaking of BSG (which now we can't see on TV so have to watch online), this season has been awesome. More twists and turns and deep religious philosophy. This last week was great as one cylon, when confronted with the notion that he is evil, put it squarely back on his creator(s). "If I am evil, it is only because you created me to be so." His creator replies that no, he wasn't created to be evil, but rather to choose to be either good or evil - for only that can give you the fullness of your creation. Deep stuff. Great stuff.
2 comments:
I'm really enjoying BSG this season to. Jacob actually watched most of the last one with me (shocking I know!) and was less negative than usual. I think the fact that they are actually concentrating on the human/cylon situation instead of the soap opera situation was more interesting to him. I know I enjoyed the lack of Baltar. :) The other show I've started to watch a lot is Leverage. You can get episodes on TNT online. I really like it - I crack up every time I watch, whether they are trying to be funny or not.
Looks like we should have kept watching BSG. I will have to listen to that new song. I like Turn the Car Around by Shatter. His voice is amazing.
Post a Comment